PDA

View Full Version : LFP Barrowmaze West Marches Whenever there is a group and I am available(EST) 5E/OSR

prometheus13
August 6th, 2023, 17:34
FG License: Ultimate so players only need the Demo to play.

Time Zone: Eastern
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Flexible, theoretically when there is a party together for a sortie we can play but I do have constraints on my time. Can be multiple parties in this campaign.

Term: Planning on running this for a while.

Voice: Discord

Game System: 5e with some Old school tweaks to make it more deadly.

Game System Experience:
I have been running AD&D games in Fantasy Grounds for several years and have played or am playing in several 5e games. This is my first time GMing 5e so please cut me some slack.

GMing style: I tend to focus on combat and exploration mainly over role play. I am happy to riff on the player's RP but for the most part I am not likely to be leading you into heavy RP.

You have your reasons. You have signed on to protect a merchant caravan on its way through the town of Helix. Helix is rather unremarkable you have heard except for one thing. It is near the legendary Barrowmaze.
The ancient site of the Barrowmaze had been off limits by Royal decree until two years ago. At that point it was declared open for “salvage”. Of course the crown takes a percentage for taxes in order to fund the reconstruction of Threshold.
At first there was a trickle of “reclaimers” to the site. But last year the flow increased and stories spread of fabulous wealth and wondrous items being excavated.
You intend not to let this opportunity pass you by. Winter has ended and spring is blooming. It is the season that favours exploration of the Barrows and you intend to get there first and grab more than your share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wKQq8gLDXE

Note "West Marches" as I interpret it is a persistent world where multiple parties can operate in competition or cooperation. Simply put first one to the loot gets it and the latecomers will have to search elsewhere. Ideally each session will be a self-contained sortie in which the party returns from the dungeon to safety between sessions. Therefore we could have 20-30 players in the player pool but the party size for a sortie would be capped at 6 players. Each player can operate multiple characters if they would like to have a different character for distinct player groups and it always good practice to have at least one backup character.

Please message me if interested or reply to this thread.

jgrantham48
August 6th, 2023, 23:39
I'm interested.
Familiar with both 5e and Fantasy Grounds.
Would love to be part of this.

Jon

prometheus13
August 7th, 2023, 14:17
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your interest.

I will PM you.

Max Silver
August 12th, 2023, 04:05
My wife and I are looking to play in a saturday evening game. We are familiar with 5e and FGU. Central time for us. Running anything then?

prometheus13
August 16th, 2023, 01:01
Saturday evenings are possible. I will send you an invite to the Discord.

prometheus13
September 20th, 2023, 13:07
Bumping this thread. Room for a few more players.

maw6144
September 22nd, 2023, 15:17
i have a group of 4 players who are looking for a GM on saturdays from noon to 4pm eastern time. Could you fit us in, we all have fantasy grounds.

prometheus13
September 24th, 2023, 14:42
Unfortunately I am working until 2pm Eastern on Saturdays.

Thank you for your interest.

BeardedTrafficLight
September 27th, 2023, 01:23
what is your stance on the merchant class from the DMs Guild? is it official content only?

prometheus13
December 6th, 2023, 11:43
I am unfamiliar with the merchant class.

prometheus13
December 6th, 2023, 11:45
Still room for more players in this game. Message me through this forum or on Discord: Prometheus1324

I have been generally running every second Monday at 8pm Eastern time but throw in extra sessions when available.

House rules include no short rests and reduced death saves.

tim0
December 9th, 2023, 01:52
I am 100% in for this. I have played a lot of AD&D and I am new to FG but willing. Love the OSR. I’m familiar with the West Marches style (though never played) and I’m sure I can round up a few others to form as hoc expeditions.

Where will you host the shared map?

I will also ping you on Discord.

prometheus13
December 10th, 2023, 15:57
Happy to have you aboard!