PDA

View Full Version : Limit Players vision by half on one map?

Indivi_duel
July 28th, 2023, 05:36
Hello,

I am currently making a map where I want to have the players not look too far aheads and want to limit their vision by half. But I am a bit at a loss on how to do so. I understand that token visibility on the image map is overwritten by character sheet information. But I don't want to edit all the player sheets if there is an easier way. I tried looking into effects and making a custom effect. But thats where I seriousy lack knowlegde on what to do. Do I place a code or command in there?

Any tips?

Jiminimonka
July 28th, 2023, 09:53
Hello,

I am currently making a map where I want to have the players not look too far aheads and want to limit their vision by half. But I am a bit at a loss on how to do so. I understand that token visibility on the image map is overwritten by character sheet information. But I don't want to edit all the player sheets if there is an easier way. I tried looking into effects and making a custom effect. But thats where I seriousy lack knowlegde on what to do. Do I place a code or command in there?

Any tips?

Have a look here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1315930113/Player+and+NPC+Token+Vision+on+Maps

You can add an effect "VISMAX: 10" for example to limit how far the PCs can see.

Indivi_duel
July 28th, 2023, 14:13
Oh thank you very much!

Farnaby
July 28th, 2023, 14:32
Aaaand learnt something new.
I am going to the use the heck out of this.

Jiminimonka
July 28th, 2023, 14:51
Aaaand learnt something new.
I am going to the use the heck out of this.

It is really handy in dungeons with long passages and also outdoor maps. In Savage Worlds there are Global Effects so you can toggle them off an on fof everyone but in the "lesser" ;) rulesets you have to add the effect to each player on the CT.

Nyarly Dude
July 28th, 2023, 22:17
Would be useful if that sort of documentation were itself in a reference manual module. Atlassian Confluence's search is something that I have an utter hate-hate relationship with. :P

Trenloe
July 28th, 2023, 22:48
Atlassian Confluence's search is something that I have an utter hate-hate relationship with.
That's weird, I find it really good. Take this thread for example, search for vision and then select the top result "Player and NPC Token Vision on Maps" - https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1315930113/Player+and+NPC+Token+Vision+on+Maps

DaddieCat
July 28th, 2023, 23:10
I find that it works well as long as I know what I'm looking for. Not knowing how to phrase what I want can make it difficult to search, but that's not the fault of the doco.

Farnaby
July 30th, 2023, 07:29
It is really handy in dungeons with long passages and also outdoor maps. In Savage Worlds there are Global Effects so you can toggle them off an on fof everyone but in the "lesser" ;) rulesets you have to add the effect to each player on the CT.

Oooooh, buuurn. :)

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2023, 19:59
I find that it works well as long as I know what I'm looking for. Not knowing how to phrase what I want can make it difficult to search, but that's not the fault of the doco.
You can make your own pdf/printed manual if you don't want to search Confluence. Printing Out a Custom User Manual - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net) (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996645761/Printing+Out+a+Custom+User+Manual)

edit: oops, no longer works... that's a bummer!