PDA

View Full Version : Character Wizard question concerning Background Packs

Weepdrag
July 22nd, 2023, 22:13
What in the Item Type/Subtype tells the Character Wizard that an item is a BACKGROUND Pack. Equipment Packs load just fine with Adventuring Gear/Equipment Packs but if I change Equipment Packs to anything else, the included items section goes away. In Character Wizard the Inventory section shows Background Packs but it has always been empty (at least for me) and I've created the Background Packs as item just like the Equipment Packs.
Is there a magic term or syntax that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

superteddy57
July 23rd, 2023, 01:38
The character wizard is getting closer to homebrew, but not all parts are editable without some coding outside of FGU. Equipment packs is one of those features and is hard coded into the system. Making new equipment packs would have to be done by extension currently. We are looking into expanding this to be done within FGU, but it's not available at this time.

Weepdrag
July 23rd, 2023, 09:19
Thanks Superteddy57,
It seems that I've been chasing a ghost. So, the way to deal with Background packs currently is by making them as parcels outside of the Character Wizard? or to create an extension, which would be again outside of the Character Wizard?
Thanks for the quick reply and saving me brain cells.:rv:

superteddy57
July 23rd, 2023, 14:44
Well the Character Wizard allows the player to choose their items on the equipment tab. So if no pack is available, the Wealth option would allow you free choices of equipment to load up on.

Weepdrag
July 23rd, 2023, 17:18
Good point, forgot that option.

Thanks again