PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Edition ruleset automation and editing effects resources?

Laerun
July 22nd, 2023, 16:52
Aside from the Atlassian article that lists most of the effects automation, are there any other resources available to help a newer user or even an intermediate user to learn more about creating custom items, spells, and such? How would I edit a weapon with a trait like Flameblade to add fire damage? Is it similar to 5e, or is the process different?

The only thing I have found is the Atlassian article.

Curious,
Laerun

bayne7400
July 22nd, 2023, 17:19
There is a weapons tab on the item record. Hit the gear button and under type you can add damage types. Make a copy of Frostbrand from DMG and you can see how he does it. I do not know of any documentation but its pretty easy once you understand where to put the information.

Laerun
July 22nd, 2023, 17:47
There is a weapons tab on the item record. Hit the gear button and under type you can add damage types. Make a copy of Frostbrand from DMG and you can see how he does it. I do not know of any documentation but its pretty easy once you understand where to put the information.

Thank you. I figured as much. I am asking for a question online.

celestian
July 23rd, 2023, 05:58
Outside of the docs and the videos there are not more detailed information. I tried to include as many examples for any situations that would be needed in the Core books. I think there is even a flameblade but im not 100% (and not home to check).