PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Learn

bipolarcoder
July 18th, 2023, 19:09
Hi.
I am pretty new to D&D and the community and am looking for a group that would play long term, weekly or bi-weekly.

I am wanting to break out of my role-playing shell and am hoping to make some friends who can help.

I am 36 and while it isn't imperative to play with my age I would prefer more mature groups.

If you took the time to read this - thank you!

genokahn
July 21st, 2023, 03:18
Hey, ...coder! I hope you have found a game but if not perhaps you might repost your inquiry and give a little more info about yourself.

1. What time zone are you in?
2. What type of RPGs have you played?
3. What type of character would you like to play or perhaps you have created one already?
4. How familiar are you with Fantasy Grounds Unity?

I am in the much older crowd so consider myself mature :)

Happy Gaming!
Genokahn

GunnarGreybeard
July 24th, 2023, 01:38
Hi.
I am pretty new to D&D and the community and am looking for a group that would play long term, weekly or bi-weekly.

Are you looking for a game on a specific day/time slot? What about the system? You mentioned D&D, I'm guessing you meant 5e? Would you be open to an Old-School Essentials game?

bipolarcoder
July 26th, 2023, 01:38
1. What time zone are you in? Central Time Zone
2. What type of RPGs have you played? Played DnD before but for a very short amount of time
3. What type of character would you like to play or perhaps you have created one already? Would love to play a cleric
4. How familiar are you with Fantasy Grounds Unity? Not very familiar with it.

bipolarcoder
July 26th, 2023, 01:42
Are you looking for a game on a specific day/time slot? What about the system? You mentioned D&D, I'm guessing you meant 5e? Would you be open to an Old-School Essentials game?

Preferably weekends (Fri-Sun at night since I have kids). I did mean 5e so you will have to explain Old-School Essential game?

GunnarGreybeard
July 26th, 2023, 02:25

Preferably weekends (Fri-Sun at night since I have kids). I did mean 5e so you will have to explain Old-School Essential game?

Old-School Essentials is basically a rewriting/cleaning up (some say clone) of the old Basic & Expert rules written by Tom Moldvay & Tim Cook and published in 1981.

I'm looking at starting up a new campaign, but it will need to be a daytime game (probably Fri, Sat or Sun or maybe all 3 days, depending), but between 1PM and 6 PM Central Time. My wife works days, kids are around but grown, so during that time frame I would have a nice, quiet, peaceful house. :)

SylvanSnake
July 26th, 2023, 09:14
I'm also starting a 2nd edition Forgotten Realms game if you're interested. Not so much over-the-top action combat like 5th edition, but 2nd edition FR has the best lore and world-building of any D&D edition.

DeadMarsh3791
July 28th, 2023, 19:08
Old-School Essentials is basically a rewriting/cleaning up (some say clone) of the old Basic & Expert rules written by Tom Moldvay & Tim Cook and published in 1981.

I'm looking at starting up a new campaign, but it will need to be a daytime game (probably Fri, Sat or Sun or maybe all 3 days, depending), but between 1PM and 6 PM Central Time. My wife works days, kids are around but grown, so during that time frame I would have a nice, quiet, peaceful house. :)

I’m also lookin for an OSE game. I’m available sun/thurs/Fri after 3pm est

Intruder
July 29th, 2023, 13:12
Hey Coder, What you are looking for is exactly what I have been doing for the past 6-7 years.
Just about every new player in my campaigns has been at least familiar with 5e, a lot of them have been players since AD&D.
We just filled a new party in the 4th long-term, concurrent campaign that I am DMing on a weekly basis.
All players are adult and I run mature sessions. No ranters or non-gaming behavior lasts very long, the other players and myself won't allow it.
Having said all this, you need to know I do this professionally, though my campaigns are more affordable than most.
If by learning this, you are not interested, thank you for reading this far. If you would like to learn more, take a look for my thread in the "PAID DM" thread. (Link below)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?108-Paid-Games