PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker text wrapping

Mythic3434
July 17th, 2023, 20:45
Hi folks!

I seem to have an issue with my PF2E combat tracker. The monster's information text is not wrapped. I am using the Baron theme (although removing it has had no effect). My UI is 1.25, but again, changing that has not had any affect.

Is this a known issue? Or is there some setting that I seem to be missing?

Thanks in advance!

Trenloe
July 17th, 2023, 21:00
This is a design decision so that abilities with a lot of text don't completely flood the combat tracker. The first line is shown as it usually gives enough information to get an idea about the ability, especially regarding triggers or requirements for reactions/free actions - if you want to see more details about the ability, click the link button to the left of the ability name.

Mythic3434
July 17th, 2023, 21:05
Makes sense. Do you know of any extensions that would allow it to wrap? I have a lot of monitor real-estate, so I don't mind the extra text. Faster than clicking the creature stat block.

Thanks for the super fast response though! Truly appreciated.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2023, 21:12
Do you know of any extensions that would allow it to wrap?
Not that I know of.

Mythic3434
July 17th, 2023, 21:14
no worries! Thanks again for the speedy reply!

Cheers!

Trenloe
July 17th, 2023, 22:21
Do you know of any extensions that would allow it to wrap?
I do now! ;)

Try the attached. Enable the "Feature: PF2 CT NPC Ability Wrap" extension. I've made the details field wrap and enabled the usual double-click ability automation for that field. I've hidden the automation field.

Artrem
July 20th, 2023, 21:08
Thanks for a quick extension Trenloe. Basic testing seems to work perfectly. Much appreciated and like the option to have it wrap if I want it to do so. Thank you for this and all your work on the pf2 ruleset and FG in general.

Trenloe
July 20th, 2023, 21:24
Thanks for a quick extension Trenloe. Basic testing seems to work perfectly. Much appreciated and like the option to have it wrap if I want it to do so. Thank you for this and all your work on the pf2 ruleset and FG in general.
You're very welcome! Thanks for giving it a go and letting me know it works OK.

Mythic3434
September 6th, 2023, 05:32
thank you so much for this extension!!!!

Trenloe
September 6th, 2023, 15:29
thank you so much for this extension!!!!
Hopefully it still works in R19!