PDA

View Full Version : Complete Bundles Steam and FG

amanwing
July 17th, 2023, 08:11
At this moment it is not possible to complete a bundle if you have mixed purchases from Steam and FG. Is this something beeing worked on? It really is no option to get all the bundles if youhave at some point made mixed purchases. There should be a solution vor this. Please think of something.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2023, 08:40
This isn't possible - see the "One important thing to note" section in this FAQ page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996639425/Linking+with+External+Services+and+Applications

You can try contacting support to see if there's anything they can do in your case, but this would be an exception not the norm.

amanwing
July 17th, 2023, 11:55
This isn't possible - see the "One important thing to note" section in this FAQ page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996639425/Linking+with+External+Services+and+Applications

You can try contacting support to see if there's anything they can do in your case, but this would be an exception not the norm.
While it's clear that the synchronization isn't feasible at present, it's also important to remember that very few tasks in the IT realm are entirely insurmountable. Sure, it may necessitate significant resources and effort, but the potential benefits could make it a worthy endeavor.

Considering that the necessary data probably already exists given the FG launcher's ability to identify purchases from both shops, there appears to be a foundation for the required work. Why should we categorically rule out the possibility of synchronizing this information with the bundle page? It's certainly a project that would demand allocation of resources and dedicated effort, but I believe it deserves at least a consideration.

LordEntrails
July 17th, 2023, 15:27
While it's clear that the synchronization isn't feasible at present, it's also important to remember that very few tasks in the IT realm are entirely insurmountable. Sure, it may necessitate significant resources and effort, but the potential benefits could make it a worthy endeavor.

Considering that the necessary data probably already exists given the FG launcher's ability to identify purchases from both shops, there appears to be a foundation for the required work. Why should we categorically rule out the possibility of synchronizing this information with the bundle page? It's certainly a project that would demand allocation of resources and dedicated effort, but I believe it deserves at least a consideration.
I'm sure it has and continues to be a consideration by the SmiteWorks team. Realize, it is not only Smiteworks developers that needs to be involved in this, but the Steam team as well. Both of the development teams will have to determine it makes business sense to pursue a technical solution. And on the scale of things for the Steam team to work on, I imagine this is very low on there list.