PDA

View Full Version : How does Halfling Naturally Stealthy trait work?

tslewis123
July 16th, 2023, 07:49
I made a Halfling character, and I have a question about its Naturally Stealthy racial trait. When I try to use it, it says to target a creature. Do I target the creature I'm hiding from or the creature I'm hiding behind?

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2023, 08:30
Naturally Stealthy lets you try to hide even if the only cover is a creature that is one size bigger than you. So when you try to hide from an enemy it gives you another option; rather than having to use the natural environment. All the other rules for hiding will apply so you'll be rolling your stealth skill against the active or passive perception of your enemy. Since this is a skill check you won't be targeting anything.

tslewis123
July 16th, 2023, 20:25
I had a feeling that was how it worked. I'm guessing that Naturally Stealthy being set to target another creature instead of targeting self was an error by the developers.

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2023, 21:59
There's only two options for targeting either targets or self. Targets is the default. The effect which is produced is just informational; it's not really meant to be applied anywhere so I don't think it matters what the targeting is. But if you want to apply it then, yes, change the target to self.