PDA

View Full Version : Can't make a payment with PayPal

SylvanSnake
July 15th, 2023, 11:46
In the cart, I click the button to redirect to PayPal site and I get a black screen with just "Header overflow" as an error message.

The Paypal site itself seems to be working normally.

SylvanSnake
July 15th, 2023, 12:04
I think I see the problem. I'm trying to buy the D&D Classics bundle and when it redirects me to PayPal, the URL lists the name of all 100 items in the bundle. So the URL gets rejected because it's too long. So then, how does anyone buy this bundle?

ddavison
July 15th, 2023, 15:10
Thanks for letting us know. In the past, we had to split the bundles into smaller sets so that they could go through. We must have just tipped over that limit with one of the most recent additions to the bundle.

I split the bundles into a Reference bundle and an Adventure bundle.

https://fantasygrounds.com/store/productbundle.php?bundleid=WOTC2EBUNDLE
https://fantasygrounds.com/store/productbundle.php?bundleid=WOTC2EBUNDLEADV

Note that you will want to try to buy them one at a time because the size limit on items still exists on our PayPal integration. The bundle graphics images will be updated to reflect the change next week, but the description and product listing should now be correct.

Anyone who had the previous version of the bundle can continue one or both of them going forward to maintain discounts on future releases.

SylvanSnake
July 15th, 2023, 15:56
Now I get a 404 error when I click the green "Complete this bundle" button.

Edit: Maybe I got it now. Still had stuff in my cart that may have caused the error.

Edit: I think you accidentally put the Book of Gnomes and Halflings in the Adventure bundle. And also, the Adventure bundle still seems to be too big. I got the Reference bundle though.

ddavison
July 15th, 2023, 16:21
Can you try doing a CTRL+F5 Refresh on the Store homepage and then try it again?

SylvanSnake
July 15th, 2023, 17:00
Still got Header overflow with the Adventure bundle.

ddavison
July 15th, 2023, 17:11
Okay, so we must have triggered that overflow a while back and you are the first one to try to complete the bundle in a while.

I split it out into yet another bundle. There is now an Adventure Bundle Volume 1 and Volume 2. Please return to the main store page, clear your cart and then try just one at a time again. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

SylvanSnake
July 15th, 2023, 17:44
Got it now. Thanks for the help.

FYI: The Complete Book of Gnomes and Halflings is still in the wrong bundle! :D