PDA

View Full Version : Syrinscape Spells - subtype classificaiton

andrewcr
July 9th, 2023, 04:00
Hi,

I have noticed that many spells like Bless do not make a sound when cast as these are an Effect but the Syrinscape subtype trigger is set to Cast and not Chat.

Cast means the sound will play when the cast button is pressed. Chat means it will play when the text Bless term appears in chat

Is there a reason for this as I can't figure out when Bless would ever generate the intended sound when used in play.

Thanks

Griogre
July 9th, 2023, 06:19
Just make a cast effect if you want the spell to make a sound. IE for bless add a cast. You don't have to fill in anything. Then just press cast, then the effect. The cleric in one of my games just went through and added casts to everything for the sound effects.

It would be good QoL to have the spell effect sound when the name of the spell was clicked.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2023, 08:36
I have noticed that many spells like Bless do not make a sound when cast as these are an Effect but the Syrinscape subtype trigger is set to Cast and not Chat.

Cast means the sound will play when the cast button is pressed. Chat means it will play when the text Bless term appears in chat

Is there a reason for this as I can't figure out when Bless would ever generate the intended sound when used in play.
Using the chat trigger would trigger the sound with Bless in any chat text. Someone types "Bless you!" and the spell sound would trigger - which may be fun, but not really accurate! ;)

I agree it would be good if there was a way to trigger the spell "cast" sounds for a spell that doesn't have the cast action, but using a chat trigger is not the best way IMO.

andrewcr
July 9th, 2023, 10:42
Using the chat trigger would trigger the sound with Bless in any chat text. Someone types "Bless you!" and the spell sound would trigger - which may be fun, but not really accurate! ;)

I agree it would be good if there was a way to trigger the spell "cast" sounds for a spell that doesn't have the cast action, but using a chat trigger is not the best way IMO.

I changed the spell - Bless to the chat subtype and typed Bless as GM. The sound does not play. I think the word bless needs to be initiated with a command (purple / pink text for me).

I didn't have this problem with the Rob2e / Matteke sound triggers which I was using (worked fine). I just made the swap and it saved a little manual work each week importing the Syrinscape file58132

andrewcr
July 9th, 2023, 10:46

Ah no Figured it out I wrote Bless without a capital start.

I would think the better method must exist.

I changed the spell - Bless to the chat subtype and type Bless as GM. The sound does not play. I think the word bless needs to be initiated with a command (purple / pink text for me).

I didn't have this problem with the Rob2e / Matteke sound triggers which I was using (worked fine). I just made the swap and it saved a little manual work each week importing the Syrinscape file