PDA

View Full Version : [5e DnD] Syrinscape - constant droning sound issue

WinterSoldier7
July 8th, 2023, 23:46
I've bought two Syrinscape soundset packs for FGU, so that I have SFX when attacks are made etc.

However, I control Syrinscape separately; I run it in a browser and control it outside of FGU for my players.

I've found that there is a constant, background droning sound - as if there is a 'mood' trying to build tension. It's constant and I've managed to narrow it down to FGU, NOT the browser.

If I go into the Sound:Context settings and turn off ONESHOT VOLUME, it stops - but then I obviously don't have weapon attack audio.

For the life of me I cannot find what is causing it. Possibly combat is triggering it, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas??

Trenloe
July 9th, 2023, 22:08
When it's happening, look in the right side of the Syrinscape browser and look in the Search sidebar to the right - click on "Playing" to see what is currently playing - #1 in the screenshot below. See if you can identify what's still playing.

You can also control the one-shot volume via the slider in the Syrinscape interface- #2 below.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58134

WinterSoldier7
July 10th, 2023, 08:28
Will give that a go, thank you!

WinterSoldier7
July 13th, 2023, 19:13
I finally found out what it was; I had created an item in a PC's inventory which was meant to trigger a sound when it was used, but I messed up somewhere and it was just constantly on a loop.

I'm not sure how to get it to do what I wanted it to do, so deleted it entirely. Problem solved.