PDA

View Full Version : Image Records are white

Sir Blackthorn
July 8th, 2023, 21:16
Since the last update all of our image records have become solid white. These is noticeable on images we have used with added LOS and effects, and just standard images. I have reloaded a few successfully for use now. Is there a way to repair these images, or do I have to delete them, reload, and relink all of the various entries?

LordEntrails
July 8th, 2023, 21:41
Start by updating all 28 of your extensions. If that doesn't resolve it, then try a new campaign with no extensions. If that works, then go back to your campaign and start disabling extensions (6 or so at a time) until you figure out which extension(s) are causing the issue.

Sir Blackthorn
July 9th, 2023, 00:53
The update button is not red, so all of my updates are done. I checked all of my extensions not directly updated by FG and they are all up to date. I did disable extensions a few at a time until they were all disabled, but the problem still persists. The only difference was light grey instead of white due to disabling Theme FG Light.

LordEntrails
July 9th, 2023, 03:50
The update button is not red, so all of my updates are done. I checked all of my extensions not directly updated by FG and they are all up to date. I did disable extensions a few at a time until they were all disabled, but the problem still persists. The only difference was light grey instead of white due to disabling Theme FG Light.
No. The update button only turns red for FG Store content. It will never turn red for Forge content. Run an update. Then let us know :)

(The reason the Updater does not turn Red for the Forge is that there are simple too many Forge items and it would delay FG startup for minutes or more while it checked each one of those.)

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2023, 08:35
Also if it isn't an extension can you show us a screenshot of one of these images unlocked so the right hand panel is visible.

Sir Blackthorn
July 9th, 2023, 22:52
I ran the update yesterday just in case. I ran it again now, disabled all extensions, and opened two images, one that is not working, left, and a recent one we replaced, right. Both are unlocked per request and I clicked on Zoom to Fit. I also added another set of the logfiles with all the extensions disabled.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2023, 23:02
Is Magmatemple.jpg an image you've imported? If so, could you attach it here please?

Sir Blackthorn
July 9th, 2023, 23:19
Yes, this was an image we imported. This and multiple other images worked before the last update. Some of the other images had LOS, but this one did not. Attached is the image per request.

Trenloe
July 10th, 2023, 08:37
Yes, this was an image we imported. This and multiple other images worked before the last update. Some of the other images had LOS, but this one did not. Attached is the image per request.
Thanks for that. There doesn't appear to be anything non-standard with the image - it works fine for me if I import it into a campaign.

A couple of things to try with testing:

1) Cycle the layer visibility - click the eye icon to hide the layer and then click it again to show it. Can you see the image?
2) Make a copy of the map - drag/drop the link in the sidebar Image list - does that make a difference?
3) Add the original asset over the top of the image - if you imported the image it will be in Assets -> Images -> Campaign. Drag/drop the asset to the image to create a new layer - can you see the image?

After trying all of the above in a single session of your campaign, please compile and upload your log files so we can check if there are any reports of issues in the logs.

pindercarl
July 10th, 2023, 14:46

If you post a copy of the campaign, I'll take a look.

Sir Blackthorn
July 11th, 2023, 02:41
Trenloe, I played with the visibility and no effect. I made a copy in the image record and played with visibility on both without effect. I created a copy image record, played with visibility, no effect. The image is not currently in my assets folder, not sure why. Added a new copy to the folder and played with visibility without effect. Refreshed the assets and added the image to the copy made earlier and the imported image is visible. I expected this as I have replaced a few images already. I did move it around in the order and on the bottom, it is still visible, so I think the other layers are transparent.

Pindercarl, I will see if I can send you a zip of the campaign as a private message.

pindercarl
July 11th, 2023, 05:40
Trenloe, I played with the visibility and no effect. I made a copy in the image record and played with visibility on both without effect. I created a copy image record, played with visibility, no effect. The image is not currently in my assets folder, not sure why. Added a new copy to the folder and played with visibility without effect. Refreshed the assets and added the image to the copy made earlier and the imported image is visible. I expected this as I have replaced a few images already. I did move it around in the order and on the bottom, it is still visible, so I think the other layers are transparent.

Pindercarl, I will see if I can send you a zip of the campaign as a private message.

I took a look at the campaign and I don't see anything out-of-place with the image. I don't have the asset referenced in the image, but it is "images/Magmatemple.jpg@Kim Source" Can you verify that you have the module Kim Source loaded and that the file Magmatemple.jpg is in the images of the module Kim Source?

Nylanfs
July 11th, 2023, 15:25
Is the @ part of the file path? or is that internal FG code so FG knows which module it comes from?

pindercarl
July 11th, 2023, 15:27
Is the @ part of the file path? or is that internal FG code so FG knows which module it comes from?

The @ indicates the module.

Zacchaeus
July 11th, 2023, 15:28

Yes, it's an FG thing so it knows which module to look in.

Sir Blackthorn
July 12th, 2023, 02:51
Thank you Pindercarl for look at the data. We were trying to use a different campaign to store images, but it became confusing, so we eliminated it and added the images directly into this campaign. The Kim Source is the module export from the other campaign, which we removed. We did this conversion at least 1 month before the update. Is it possible that the update found an old reference and converted images to use the old module?

Is my best course of action to just remove all of the bad images again and import again?

Zacchaeus
July 12th, 2023, 08:38
If you removed the module in which the images were stored then you also removed the location where the images are to be found and where FG will go looking for them. So in other words FG will no longer be able to find an image from that module that was already in your campaign. Since the location of those images has changed you will need to remove them from your campaign and add them again from their new location and then re-link those images to wherever they need to be linked.