PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e: Same piece of equipment in different locations

HoratioDrank
July 8th, 2023, 18:32
Hello.

How does one have the same piece of equipment in multiple locations on a 5e character sheet in Fantasy Grounds? If I have a character with a Torch item and its location is set to Backpack, I'd like to add a separate line item for Torch and have it be in location Chest.

I can manually add a line and type in the name Torch, but then the item isn't linked to the Torch entry in the Player's Handbook.

Thanks for any assistance.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2023, 18:35
Since adding an existing item will add to an existing stack of items you'll need to create a new item in the items list with a different name; but with the same stats. (just copy the Torch item in the items list and give it a different name). You can then have this item be anywhere you want.

HoratioDrank
July 8th, 2023, 19:01
Hmmm, silly question but in the years I've been using Fantasy Grounds it has literally never come up: How do I copy an item in the Inventory list?

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2023, 19:56
Not in the inventory list; in the item list. To copy something open the list and find the item you want to copy (item, NPC, etc etc) and then click on the link icon on the left and drag and drop it back into the list. This will make a copy of the item (or NPC etc).

LordEntrails
July 8th, 2023, 20:12
I think you can just adjust the name of your existing torch and then drag a new one to the Inventory and it will make a separate instance that can be put in a different location. Long time since I've done it though.