PDA

View Full Version : Chat window stopping

Dwelian
January 31st, 2008, 02:47
I'm having a weird problem with FG2 (2.1.0). I'm wondering if this is a bug or if I'm inadvertently triggering something. The problem is that when connected as a player to a DM FG2, sometimes all the chat stuff quits showing up. I can type, and the DM and other player sees it, but it doesn't display on my chat window. I can see the DM and player typing indicators, but their stuff doesn't show up either. I have to exit FG2 and restart to fix it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a bug?

joshuha
January 31st, 2008, 02:51
You may have scrolled up on your chat window and its locking your frame to that section. Next time it happens highlight the chat window and scroll down with your mousewheel.

Hamish
February 1st, 2008, 08:38
Hehehe, this is a recurring questions, seems to have happened to most of us. And with most IM apps jumping to the bottom when a new message is recieved, this is a little counter-intuitive.

Griogre
February 1st, 2008, 18:18
True, but it is really annoying to be looking at something up above and have the screen jump down every time someone rolls a dice or says something and in an RPG you do often want to scroll back up. It might be nice if there was some indicator you were scrolled up. Maybe changing the “Chat” in the lower right to “More” or something like that would help.

Mellock
February 1st, 2008, 18:40
Or just keep it scrolled to the position as long as you hold a scrollbar or joystick-button, and then have it jump back when released? or make it react like a webpage when you click your middle mouse button when hovering over the chat button?