PDA

View Full Version : Finding Syrinscape custom sounds

Kelrugem
July 8th, 2023, 10:44
Hi :)

I have the problem that the names of my custom sound packs are not shown within FG. The corresponding moods, sfx and so on are listed, but without sound pack name. One way to find them easier is to adjust their names in Syrinscape so that their name is not shared with other music files, but that is a bit cumbersome (I often copy sounds from other sound packs into my own custom sound packs, to keep my stuff a bit cleaner inside Syrinscape and to allow editing these files, however the music files often share similar names then, so that I have several music files with same names in different custom sound packs with different edits... :D )

But I saw that one can also filter by an ID; is this ID something only within FG, or can I find that also in Syrinscape? That may make it easier for me to search for my custom sound packs :) (Within FG I am able to find the ID, but then I have to first find one file of my custom pack :) )

Best wishes

Kelrugem

Trenloe
July 8th, 2023, 12:30
Not sure how to find the ID in the Web interface, but you can look in the <FG app data>\sounds_syrinscape.csv file and find the sound there - the ID is in the first field, after the e: or m: For example: m:49168 has an ID of 49168.

I know Smiteworks have reached out to Syrinscape to see if they can provide naming similar to that shown in the Web player, which is made up of a few traits - Genre: Adventure Name: Soundset Name.

Kelrugem
July 8th, 2023, 14:05
Not sure how to find the ID in the Web interface, but you can look in the <FG app data>\sounds_syrinscape.csv file and find the sound there - the ID is in the first field, after the e: or m: For example: m:49168 has an ID of 49168.

I know Smiteworks have reached out to Syrinscape to see if they can provide naming similar to that shown in the Web player, which is made up of a few traits - Genre: Adventure Name: Soundset Name.

Ah, nice, thanks a lot, I will try that out :)

Lo Zeno
July 12th, 2023, 10:56

In case someone else wonders, when you use the Syrinscape dashboard and you click an element, a one shot or a mood, the URL in the browser will give you the ID of what you are playing (see the picture I attached above).

The URL will have a ? symbol in it, after which you'll find the IDs with their identifier:
if you select a soundset you'll see something like
&soundset=149576
if you select a mood,
&mood=453605
if you select an element or oneshot,
element=2674617
The numbers in these parameters are the IDs.
Sometimes you'll see more than one of these snippets, for example if you play a oneshot during a mood; and sometimes you'll see some that are not actually playing (e.g. after you click the "stop" button it doesn't "clear" the parameters from the URL).

Nick Frost
July 14th, 2023, 13:32
Hi :)

I have the problem that the names of my custom sound packs are not shown within FG. The corresponding moods, sfx and so on are listed, but without sound pack name. One way to find them easier is to adjust their names in Syrinscape so that their name is not shared with other music files, but that is a bit cumbersome (I often copy sounds from other sound packs into my own custom sound packs, to keep my stuff a bit cleaner inside Syrinscape and to allow editing these files, however the music files often share similar names then, so that I have several music files with same names in different custom sound packs with different edits... :D )

But I saw that one can also filter by an ID; is this ID something only within FG, or can I find that also in Syrinscape? That may make it easier for me to search for my custom sound packs :) (Within FG I am able to find the ID, but then I have to first find one file of my custom pack :) )

Best wishes

Kelrugem

What you want is to be able to see Syrinscape SoundSet names. SoundPacks are the commercial products, and most of them encompass several SoundSets. In the Syrin players sounds are mainly classified by SoundSet.

The ability to see SoundSet names in FG is not yet implemented, and might take a while (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78248-Syrinscape-integration-request-display-Soundset-name&p=691374&viewfull=1#post691374).

As a workaround, I edited my csv and copied the data from the "soundset" to the "product_or_pack" fields. I used this online tool (https://www.convertcsv.com/csv-viewer-editor.htm) for that. Then I imported my modified csv and now I have my content filtered by soundset instead of soundpack :)

Kelrugem
July 15th, 2023, 15:14
Ah, nice, thanks a lot for the information, Lo Zeno and Nick Frost :)