PDA

View Full Version : Where is the submit ideas thread/forum/discord channel somewha tof a rant

smokebadger
July 8th, 2023, 08:38
I have bought quite a few rule sets now and if your not playing 5E it seems like the games have about 1/3 of the quality of life features.

Fantasy grounds desperatly needs a right click to add an overlay of status effects the same as foundry. I recently bought around £100 pounds of Call of cthulhu modules and there is no way I can find to visually show anyone is injured.
I realise this might not be a big deal to a lot of people but I have a diverse set of players and several of them need visual confirmation of the descriptions I am giving which means I upload a lot of artwork.

I really dont know why some kind of basic wounding or effects overlay is not implemented in FG when it is in almost all other VTTs.

I have bought around 10 game systems in FG so its not that I dont love the product but the missing basic functionallity of most of the rules systems is driving me insane.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2023, 08:59
There's an option in options to should allied health. Looks like that should be on by default.

You'll find a link to the idea informer in my signature.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2023, 10:32
You're correct that some functionality can be ruleset specific. For the status effect overlay, the individual ruleset needs to have some conditions setup that can be applied to a creature in the CT and those map to condition widgets that display on the token on the map. In your example, Call of Cthulhu, there's not really any "conditions" in the base RPG system, so there hasn't been any conditions setup in the ruleset - although there has been discussion about this fairly recently in the sub-forum for Call of Cthulhu.

damned
July 8th, 2023, 10:34
No matter which way you cut it - the 10 game systems combined that you have bought still generate only a fraction of the revenue that 5E generates. 5E generates more than half of all RPG sales all by itself - regardless of the platform. Everything else gets a tiny slice of what is left. 5E is always going to get more coding love than most other systems because it makes sense to spend more effort on it.

5E is also coded by the developers of FG while most other games are coded by external, community devs with varying degrees of experience, ability and time.

re: injured status to the best of my recollection you are the first person to request it on Call of Cthulhu.