PDA

View Full Version : Old School Essentials Bi-Weekly Game

Daedalus
July 2nd, 2023, 23:56
Hi,

I have a bi-weekly Old School Essentials game and I have 2 players and I am looking for up to 4 more players. I had a full game but before we started a few players had to drop out. We will play bi-weekly from 7pm to 11pm eastern time. The game will be Fantasy using the OSE rules and we will be starting the game using the highly thought of adventure The Hole in the Oak. From there and with the players help we can see where to go from there.

If you are interested please let me know.

Time Zone: Eastern Time.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Bi-Weekly, Wednesdays 7pm to 11pm EST
Term: Long Term
Voice: Discord

Game System Preferred: Old School Essentials
Game System Experience: Beginners and experienced players
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Being new is fine Open to all

Character Type Preferred: Will depend on what the various players want to play

About me: Hi, I am a player and Game Master/Dungeon Master with over 30 years of experience. I am currently running an in person D&D game and have run systems of all types, not just fantasy.

If you are interested please let me know.

yeknom
July 3rd, 2023, 04:45
Hi Daedalus,

I'm interested but what day of the week are you planning on playing? I'm 12 hours ahead of you.

Daedalus
July 3rd, 2023, 14:30
Hi Daedalus,

I'm interested but what day of the week are you planning on playing? I'm 12 hours ahead of you.

Sorry I fixed the top post. It's from 7pm to 11pm Eastern time on Wednesdays

yeknom
July 3rd, 2023, 23:10
Thanks for adding the day. The day won't work for my schedule but happy gaming and I hope you find the right folks.

Rdigid
July 4th, 2023, 03:10
I'm interested. Wednesdays are the second best day of the week for me.

Wymzikal
July 5th, 2023, 01:25
I'd be interested in playing. I started with 1st edition in the 70's and had played with almost the same group ever since in about a dozen different systems. Love to try something different. Fingers crossed :D

Daedalus
July 5th, 2023, 14:39
I'd be interested in playing. I started with 1st edition in the 70's and had played with almost the same group ever since in about a dozen different systems. Love to try something different. Fingers crossed :D

Great to hear. Welcome. I will send you the link to our discord server so we can discuss the game.

Daedalus
July 5th, 2023, 14:40
I'm interested. Wednesdays are the second best day of the week for me.

Welcome Just curious. Have you ever played the B/X system or Old School Essentials? If not its not a big deal.

Daedalus
July 5th, 2023, 14:58
Hey, I have sent you guys the link to the Discord where we discuss the game in a private message. Please join the discord to discuss the game.

Thank You

Daedalus
July 6th, 2023, 15:53
We have room for two more players. If you are interested please let me know

papahardesty
July 8th, 2023, 01:30
I would be interested. I started playing in '82-ish (Basic, AD&D). I presently play in a Sunday game with a 5E group (three years now), but I've always liked different game systems, and it's always nice to meet new peeps!

Daedalus
July 9th, 2023, 14:59
I would be interested. I started playing in '82-ish (Basic, AD&D). I presently play in a Sunday game with a 5E group (three years now), but I've always liked different game systems, and it's always nice to meet new peeps!

Hi there. Check your PM's. I replied to yours.

Daedalus
July 10th, 2023, 18:28
We still have room for two more people. If you are interested please let me know.

Daedalus
July 16th, 2023, 22:08
Still looking for a couple of players for this game. If you are interested in joining this game please let me know.

kronovan
July 17th, 2023, 05:11
I'm interested, but a 4pm PST start time is a bit tight for me. I work from 9-2 on Wednesdays, have a 1 hour drive back and somehow have to fit a bit of grocery shopping in enroute. Still, I managed to play in a year long campaign with the same start day/time before. My interest also depends upon what genre and to some extent setting you're planning on running. I've learned in recent years I'm not such a big fan of playing OSR/D&D-like rules outside of Fantasy and aren't so keen on a couple of TSR-WotC's settings. I only mention it, as I noticed you didn't list a genre, theme or setting in your opening post.

Will this possibly be a campaign where the players contribute to deciding theme and setting in a zero session?

In terms of experience; I played AD&D 1e for years, but either than that my OSR has mostly been around playing D&D 1e, OSRIC and LotFP at game CONs. I own the OSE rules and although I've only been able to browse them, they seemed good. Other than that, I've played every edition of D&D since 3.5.

Daedalus
July 17th, 2023, 14:08
I'm interested, but a 4pm PST start time is a bit tight for me. I work from 9-2 on Wednesdays, have a 1 hour drive back and somehow have to fit a bit of grocery shopping in enroute. Still, I managed to play in a year long campaign with the same start day/time before. My interest also depends upon what genre and to some extent setting you're planning on running. I've learned in recent years I'm not such a big fan of playing OSR/D&D-like rules outside of Fantasy and aren't so keen on a couple of TSR-WotC's settings. I only mention it, as I noticed you didn't list a genre, theme or setting in your opening post.

Will this possibly be a campaign where the players contribute to deciding theme and setting in a zero session?

In terms of experience; I played AD&D 1e for years, but either than that my OSR has mostly been around playing D&D 1e, OSRIC and LotFP at game CONs. I own the OSE rules and although I've only been able to browse them, they seemed good. Other than that, I've played every edition of D&D since 3.5.

Hi, thank you for your interest. I will answer your question.

1) I am going to run The Hole in the Oak for OSE to get things started off and we will go from there. I will update the original post to reflect that. I am always open to player feedback for where the game goes after the introductory adventure. I chose this adventure because it is highly recommended and well thought of. This will be fantasy. I am currently running D&D 5e and I am disillusioned by it and become very interested in OSR games.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

kronovan
July 17th, 2023, 17:35
Thanks for the info Daedalus. Are you planning on allowing Races+ Class of the Advanced rules for OSE, or will you be going with the classic approach of demi-humans as classes?

I've read that Hole in the Oak is a good adventure, so I'm definitely interested.

Daedalus
July 17th, 2023, 19:56
Thanks for the info Daedalus. Are you planning on allowing Races+ Class of the Advanced rules for OSE, or will you be going with the classic approach of demi-humans as classes?

I've read that Hole in the Oak is a good adventure, so I'm definitely interested.

For this we are using the game using the classic approach since most of us are new to the OSE we thought that was the easiest way to go.

Daedalus
July 18th, 2023, 22:12
Hey Kronovan. I set you the link to our discord so we can figure out characters. Please join when you have a chance

Daedalus
July 20th, 2023, 15:02
Still have room for two players. If you are interested please let me know.

Daedalus
July 25th, 2023, 14:53
Just a bump up. Still have two more spaces for players. If you are interested please let me know.

August Lone Wolf
July 31st, 2023, 17:54
Just a bump up. Still have two more spaces for players. If you are interested please let me know.

The time and day is good for me. Is it the advance or the basic? I'm interested in osr (have Basic Fantasy & Swords & Wizardry) but have only played 5e.

Let me know,

Augie

Daedalus
August 2nd, 2023, 21:19
The time and day is good for me. Is it the advance or the basic? I'm interested in osr (have Basic Fantasy & Swords & Wizardry) but have only played 5e.

Let me know,

Augie

Well I am allowing both as I had the basic book but the .pdfs were on sale and I got both advanced books (plan to get them in hardcover soon).

GrymJym
August 12th, 2023, 11:06
Is this game still needing players?
I’ve only played ose a handful of times-but not on fantasy grounds. Im very new to fg unity.

wilburthompson
August 12th, 2023, 14:46
yes of course:o

Daedalus
August 17th, 2023, 03:38
Is this game still needing players?
I’ve only played ose a handful of times-but not on fantasy grounds. Im very new to fg unity.

Hi,

Yes we need one more player. We play Wed every two weeks. We played tonight and we will play again in two weeks.

We play Wed at 7pm EST every two weeks. If you are interested please let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus
August 20th, 2023, 16:12
Hey GrymJim, are you still interested in playing? We are still looking for one more player.

Daedalus
August 23rd, 2023, 14:59
Still looking for one more player for this game.

We play every other Wed at 7pm est. If you are interested please let me know.