PDA

View Full Version : LFP [Mature Adult Players] DND 5E New Long-Term Campaign

blamwhocares
July 1st, 2023, 14:37
This post is currently closed, it will still be here for future use.

Number of Players in game & needed: Need 4-6, currently have 6.

FG License: GM has Ultimate, players only need Free Demo Version from fantasygrounds.com or from Steam.
Game System: Fantasy Grounds Unity

Time Zone: We will be using CST as our standard time zone.
Day of week and time: Depends on player schedules. Will have players fill out spreadsheets to mix and match times, and find the best possible schedule for everyone.
Planned start date: Soon™, session zero will be planned based on what players show interest, how long it takes to assemble the players, so-on.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours/session, 1 session/week.
Term: Undetermined, but 6 months to a year would be ideal. Depending on players, the story, and what we do (we may go longer). Currently running a campaign near it's end which has been ongoing for 2.5 years :hurt:

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Heavy roleplay, trying to improve combat to be more challenging and tense for 5e players.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, standard starting equipment.
Character restrictions: No innate flying/climbing characters.

Details of your scenario:
In a realm where time manifests and expires, where reality's laws intertwine with pulsating energy, a group of adventurers are thrust into the enigmatic domain known as The Chronoplane. Drawn together by unique and mysterious experiences, their paths converge on the Material Plane, each inheriting the ability to traverse this alternate reality without understanding how or why. Across their journey, they face temporal rifts, encounter powerful beings, and seek lost relics of immense power. Their choices shape not only this realm but countless others, as they confront daunting challenges, bound by the intricacies of time and destiny. Tasked with unraveling the secrets of the Chronoplane, preventing a dire truth, and restoring balance to protect existence itself; an epic journey unfolds, where heroes rise to become guardians of past, present, and future. The fate of all realms hangs in the balance as their chronicles are about to unfold.

A little about me as a DM:
I've been a DM since December of 2020. I've been playing my very first campaign since that moment, and we are coming to a conclusion here soon. In the middle of that campaign, I have ran a few other campaigns at the same time. However, 3 sessions was too much for me. While 2 was manageable, people completed a few of their character arcs, created some new characters, but didn't show up as much. I went from 6 players to 3, so I closed the campaign and narrowed down to the single session. While I am excited for the conclusion to their campaign, I have been very excited to run this particular one for some time. However, I have been wanting to meet some new people. I'm very by-the-books when it comes to any rules, and use the rules as intended with a few exceptions. I like to focus on story building with the players (whether it's main story or character story), and I want to implement challenging encounters which put the players at the edge of their seats (still getting better at that). I enjoy hosting an environment where we can get together, experience these moments, and laugh a bunch.

If you are interested, feel free to fill out this form: https://forms.gle/DVy6RUiziuvx95ry7
Feel free to shoot me a private message on here as well!

The purpose of the form is to help me in finding suitable players for the table, and not waste everyone's valuable time. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reply to the forum post (as other people may share similar questions) and I will answer them when I can.

Have a great 4th of July weekend everyone!

Zacchaeus
July 1st, 2023, 14:59
The scenario attachment isn't valid. You may want to correct that.

blamwhocares
July 1st, 2023, 15:54
The scenario attachment isn't valid. You may want to correct that.

Yeah it was just an image, dunno what I did wrong. Nothing majorly important. Thank you!

SaintDeadp00l
July 2nd, 2023, 22:56
Vary Interested

Zummer
July 3rd, 2023, 13:36
I'm interested.
Can't play Wednesday nights, or Sat. In other games.
Because I need to walk my dog, I prefer after 7:00 EST. An 8:00 start time would be great, and later is OK.

jgrantham48
July 3rd, 2023, 14:27
I'm interested and have sent in a reply to your form.
My best time would be Friday evenings (I'm on CDT).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Jon

proletkult
July 3rd, 2023, 15:33
Tentatively interested, depending on home brew rules. 5e doesn't seem very challenging as written. From now through December, any time is good, but after that I'm only definitely available on Mon and Wed nights (EST).

jradvan
July 4th, 2023, 11:04
Interested, I'm AUTZ but hopefully can make the time work as I'm pretty flexible. Will fill the form.

Belloz Grimm11
July 5th, 2023, 04:56
Im interested! this sounds like alot of fun!

avro5731
July 7th, 2023, 21:17
Is this still open - have myself and 2 others (my adult daughters) we have played PF1 and I have played DD off and on since 80s... looking to see if there is room.

tehrev666
July 10th, 2023, 17:53
Definitely interested I filled in the form for your review

jradvan
July 16th, 2023, 10:35
I see you've filled the game. It would have been nice to let people know, especially given the effort to fill out your form. Ghosting players who put in that effort doesn't reflect well on you as a DM.

bipolarcoder
July 18th, 2023, 19:15
Interested. will be filling out the form