PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Layer Pallet Functions

Tailz Silver Paws
June 29th, 2023, 03:38
Hello, I love the mapping tools in Fantasy Grounds, but I find the way the layer pallet functions a little cumbersome and thought I would put in a feature request. I attempted to go to https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/ but it timed out for me. So I am writing it here.

Currently, when a new asset is placed onto the canvas, the asset is placed at the top of the layer list. Generally, this is fine but can be a problem when needing to move assets into folders - since if you select a lot of assets and then attempt to move them into a folder, the folders below the selected assets/layers will "move up" to fill the void created by the selected assets when they are moved - and doing so the folders will not "accept" having items dropped into them if the folders have moved.

Would it be possible to change the functionality, so that when a new asset is placed onto the canvas, it is placed above the currently selected layer/asset? Instead of top of the asset/layer list.

That way, a user could have an asset/layer inside a folder selected, and as new assets are placed onto the canvas, they are added to the asset/layer list inside the folder and above the currently selected asset.