PDA

View Full Version : 5e Skill floor extension

Stv
June 25th, 2023, 09:21
Here's a small extension that allows skills checks to have a minimum outcome. This functionality was requested a long time ago in my reliable talent extension but I thought a stand-alone version would be better.

It's available on the forge here (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1247/view) .

As ever, if you try it let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
July 3rd, 2023, 18:58
Just pushed a new build to The Forge.
Skill values can now have a floor for the die roll AND/OR a floor the the total roll value by using :

SKILLROLLFLOOR and SKILLMINVAL respectively.

Cheers, Steve.

Fingersome
September 3rd, 2023, 05:29
The SKILLMINVALUE pumps a bunch of gibberish into the chat for me, in addition to changing the roll...58741

Stv
September 3rd, 2023, 09:15
Seems I left a debug line in the code for that one :P
I've pushed a new build to The Forge to fix it, just waiting on it being approved.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit*
New build now live, let me know if you have any issues.

Fingersome
September 5th, 2023, 08:30
I also noticed, there is a conflict with StealthTracker by JustinFreitas.

That extension adds an effect whenever you make a Stealth check in combat, that keeps track of what was rolled. It then expunges the effect when you make an attack roll.
Its that last part that brings it into conflict with this extension, because they are written as 'Stealth: 10' and (for example) 'SKILLFLOOR: Stealth: 10'.

I noticed this because I had this one to manage Reliable Talent for one of the rogues on my tables, and it kept getting removed whenever the rogue attacked, which puzzled me until I realized what was going on.

Stv
September 5th, 2023, 19:39
I'll look into it when I get a chance, although it may be a good idea to notify JustinFreitas also, as the fix may need to be done on their end.
But for the record, my 'reliable talent' (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/47/view) extenson may be of use to you :)

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
September 5th, 2023, 22:31
I've had a quick look into this, and I'm not seeing the behaviour you're reporting :S
Also, 'SKILLROLLFLOOR' is not used, 'SKILLFLOOR' is used instead... that's my fault for not properly updating the forge instruction page, which I'll fix shortly.

Cheers, Steve.

JustinFreitas
September 5th, 2023, 22:41
I’ll look at StealthTracker and make sure my match pattern for detecting that Stealth effect is as exact/correct as possible. Thanks for the heads up.