PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions

Arion
June 24th, 2023, 09:58
I am just setting up an adventure module, and am struggling with a couple of things.

Firstly, I want a specific weapon to have an attack penalty of -2. This is what I put into the Modifiers section:

But when I roll an attack with either a PC or an NPC, there is no modifier to the attack roll. have I got the syntax wrong?

Secondly, I wanted one of the encounters to start with some of the NPC's Vulnerable and Distracted. I have placed the tokens via a defined Encounter, but is there any way to "pre-set" effects on them within the encounter?

Mike Serfass
June 24th, 2023, 17:42
Hi Ari!
You're close. The effect goes on the line under where you have it. The top line is for the name of the mod. The line under is where the effect goes.

The encounters are very basic. You can't do more than add groups and place them on the map.
It would be great if you could group them, edit stats, add effects, etc.
Perhaps someone will write an extension to do that.

Arion
June 24th, 2023, 17:46
Hi Ari!
You're close. The effect goes on the line under where you have it. The top line is for the name of the mod. The line under is where the effect goes.

The encounters are very basic. You can't do more than add groups and place them on the map.
It would be great if you could group them, edit stats, add effects, etc.
Perhaps someone will write an extension to do that.

Brilliant, thank you for that! I didn't even think about putting it on the line below, not notice the bold text... All works now though!

I suspected as much for the encounters, but there is so much you can do with FG that even after using ot for about 13 years I am still learning things!

YggBjorn
June 25th, 2023, 02:41
Secondly, I wanted one of the encounters to start with some of the NPC's Vulnerable and Distracted. I have placed the tokens via a defined Encounter, but is there any way to "pre-set" effects on them within the encounter?

You could, in theory, create a copy of the NPC, add the Vulnerable and Distracted effects to the NPC record and add that record into the Encounter.

Arion
June 25th, 2023, 14:53
You could, in theory, create a copy of the NPC, add the Vulnerable and Distracted effects to the NPC record and add that record into the Encounter.

That is a good idea. I had not thought of that. There are two encounters in the campaign, one with the effects and one without, so it would be easy enoigh to do that