PDA

View Full Version : Question about updating modules

Astinus
January 27th, 2008, 04:44
Appreciate it if someone could help me with this. I distribute modules to my players prior to game night so all images load locally from modules. I'm now at the point where I need to update some of these modules and send the new versions out to players. But I don't want to create "module spam".

My plan is to make changes to the module, and then send it out to players with the exact same name as the original module. For example, my NPC module. I assume that when they go to save it, the players will be prompted to overwrite the existing module with the new one.

If they all do this, will that work smoothly? Or does the campaign.dat or some other file keep a record of the internal workings of the module? Therefore will it create problems if the module has the same name but has been altered?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm an XML ignoramus and I don't want to get to game night and have problems. Our games nights are too precious for that.

Kalan
January 27th, 2008, 07:39
While I work on modules, I often just copy/replace the old ones. So that should work just dandy for you :)

Foen
January 27th, 2008, 09:05
The file name is one thing, but the internal module name is also important. Provided you keep them the same, the new module should just replace the old one.

Cheers

Stuart

Astinus
January 27th, 2008, 19:09
Cool. Thanks guys.