PDA

View Full Version : Older dice FX negatively impacted by 4.4 update

Graylight
June 23rd, 2023, 04:50
I wasn't sure where else to put this, but I've been noticing that a number of the visual FX that accompanied the original dice packs (Aura, Magical Trails, Force Field, et cetera) have been adversely affected with the most recent update.

This is most prominently seen across a wide spread of the Lightning-element dice, whose visual effects are now far less prominent. But this issue is also present in select Shadow-element dice, and when using REALLY dark colours with the "Force Field - Spinning" dice set. In the latter case, choosing to colour your dice jet black causes the visual FX to vanish entirely. I suspect this is also what is causing the effects of the Lightning/Shadow dice to be so recessive. If many of the alpha values of special/particle effects are now tied to the colour on the face of the die, those darker dice may have had their flashy visual effects accidentally nerfed.

Of particular note (only because it was my personal favourite :o) is the "Ring of Elements - Shadow" dice set. This dice set still has a prominent emanating shadow projected around the die, but the ring of purple magical runes are no longer visible. I'm not sure if this is because those runes were recoloured black, and became indistinguishable from the emanating shadow around the die, or if the alpha level of those runes has dropped to zero. Either way, I'd like to politely request that my little black babies be returned to their original glory. :p

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2023, 06:14
Thanks for reporting. I've passed along to our artist and the developer working on the dice visuals, so that they can review.

Regards,
JPG

Graylight
June 23rd, 2023, 12:44
Cheers, and thank you. :)

Dudin
June 23rd, 2023, 17:14
I saw the same behavior with my electrical dice and just thought I was seeing things or not remembering it right from the previous version. Glad to know I am not crazy (at least on this issue).

ddavison
June 23rd, 2023, 17:22
We have a fix in the works. Thanks for letting us know. It was an unintended consequence of the other changes.

Graylight
June 30th, 2023, 12:36
Cheers. I'm already noticing the lightning dice FX are much more prominent. :)

However, I've noticed that there's still something of an issue with the "Ring of Elements - Lightning" and "Ring of Elements - Shadow" dice. The ring of arcane runes are still practically invisible when using these two dice options. All of the other dice in this "Ring of Elements" dice pack (ignoring the Spinning Elements options) feature this ring of pseudo-runic script.

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2023, 18:47
I've passed on to our artist and developer who worked on the dice.

Regards,
JPG

ju95
July 17th, 2023, 20:27
This is fixed with the next update.