PDA

View Full Version : WH40K Dark Heresy any interest?

blue_lifesaver
January 26th, 2008, 14:40
Greetings everyone...picking up the book today and was just seeing if there is any interest in playing? I probably won't start running this for awhile, as I don't have the skills to create a ruleset for it, but just testing the waters for any interest in this grim gothic sci-fi game

Yggdrasil
January 26th, 2008, 19:36
I'm more into the rogue trader stuff myself, but any 40k is better then no 40k!

Lujan
January 26th, 2008, 19:45
I would love to play some 40k, as long as the date/time works for me to play

Valarian
January 27th, 2008, 13:53
Remember that there's the generic ruleset around for just throwing a game together.

blue_lifesaver
January 27th, 2008, 16:20
Really just need someone w/ talent to create/put up a char sheet for the system. Reading the rulebook now and if you like sci-fi gothic w/ a concentration on investigation you will NOT be disappointed! The books is slick and well written..and it's freaking huge at near 400 pgs! I'm looking forward to running this :D

nezzir
January 28th, 2008, 02:30
Where can I get this "generic ruleset"?

Remember that there's the generic ruleset around for just throwing a game together.

Valarian
January 28th, 2008, 08:35
Search is your friend ...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6314&highlight=Generic+Character+sheet

richruzz
January 28th, 2008, 14:05
I would be willing to play also, but it would be a miracle for me to find any type of game so far.

joshuha
January 28th, 2008, 19:44
Sadly it looks like WFRP and WH40K were just canceled. Hopefully someone else will be able to grab the licenses.

"Black Industries regret to announce that Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods out in September will be the final product to be released from Black Industries. "

https://www.blackindustries.com/?template=40k&content=newslist&newsitem=350

Lujan
January 28th, 2008, 23:33
This really shocks me considering how fast they sold out of the latest WH40K stuff.

blue_lifesaver
January 29th, 2008, 00:27
Yes..the fools (i'm restraining myself) have decided to concentrate on their novels...over their RPGs...Dark Heresy sold old..twice..both the limited edition and their 1st printing..but obviously there isn't an interest in the game. As to their novels..lets see I spent 11.00 dollars on a compilation of 3 of their novels...just so I could get a better idea of the setting for the RPG which I blew 55.00 dollars on..hmm..yup they really need to work on their novels...*sigh*

However, they will release the compilation of adventures, the players handbook, and a "monster manual" before stopping production. Hopefully Green Ronin picks it up!!

nezzir
January 29th, 2008, 19:29
Yeah, it's pretty messed up. The Black Industries forums are on fire. My group couldn't even get the books. Of the 7 of us, only 3 (including myself) managed to get copies. I think I have a spare coming in for one more of my guys, but that's it. The rest are scrambling around beating ebay to death trying to get a copy. It's the worst descision I've seen in a long time.

It's the same for the WFRP2 material (according to the forums). Thankfully, there's already a ton of material out there. I have all the books.

All of our hopes lie with Green Ronin :)

Oberoten
January 29th, 2008, 21:24
... I am so glad I prefered WHFRPG 1.0...

*cough* On a more serious note... it is a terrible thing when it all starts focusing on selling collectibles (PLASTIC at a higher cost / oz than gold. )
instead of good stories.

Of course, I am an old curmudgeon on things like this, way biased by how MtG broke up my first gaming group as three of our players (and the primary GM) went to play cardgames instead on the gaming days....

nezzir
January 30th, 2008, 17:54
A challenger appears!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54144#post54144

blue_lifesaver
January 30th, 2008, 18:37
Muhahaha..excellent...w/ the power of the rulesetica...I shall bring forth the tales from the warp..MUHAHA...:D

As to the idiots at GW...*sigh* with the RPG out..and selling like hot cakes you think they could see the potential for miniature purchases...i mean hellooo D&D figured it out..bloody idiots...

Lujan
January 31st, 2008, 01:44
bah... now I have to find a copy of the WH40k RPG so I can play. I am currently just finishing like my 15th WH40k novel, I love the whole genre

Valarian
January 31st, 2008, 14:13
Good luck ... the publisher has sold out and has announced the termination of the roleplaying lines to concentrate on the novels instead.
25/Jan Dark Heresy - sold out (https://www.blackindustries.com/default.asp?template=BI&content=newslist&newsitem=348)
28/Jan Black Industries Announcement (https://www.blackindustries.com/default.asp?template=BI&content=newslist&newsitem=350)

Lujan
January 31st, 2008, 14:18
Good luck ... the publisher has sold out and has announced the termination of the roleplaying lines to concentrate on the novels instead.
25/Jan Dark Heresy - sold out (https://www.blackindustries.com/default.asp?template=BI&content=newslist&newsitem=348)
28/Jan Black Industries Announcement (https://www.blackindustries.com/default.asp?template=BI&content=newslist&newsitem=350)

Yeah I know, ref my earlier comment about how stupid that sounds when both announcements come out nearly at the same time. "This product sold out, so we are discontinuing the line" No wonder they are a struggling company

nezzir
January 31st, 2008, 14:57
My buddy is a game distributor, which is awesome since my table gets product at 40% off retail. He's saying that there is a 2nd run of the core rulebook. He's already managed to get me a screen (which I was worried about).

So, if you have an order placed with, say, Amazon, leave it. It's still possible that they will come through. Me, I ordered from several places and once I got a couple, cancelled the remaining orders.

I look at it like this, I ran persistant campaigns for almost 20 years using 1 book from the original WFRP. I think I can do it again with all the material provided in Dark Heresy. It's really an amazing book.

I'm figuring there will be a metric tonne of fan material. I've already found the career tree for the Adeptus Astartes.

Incomming transmission from Librarian Terminator Brother Captain Stern, "All heretics will be cleansed in the purifying flames of the one true God Emperor. All hail the master of mankind."

Edit: The ruleset is proceeding at a rapid pace. I've got most of the superficial graphics complete and I'm working on the first page of the character sheet. So far, I've got the combat tracker, wounds tracker, and skill calculations working. It's going to be pretty nice.

I'm not planning on including any databases with the ruleset (so, no copyright issues), but manual NPC, Item, Story, etc entry will be possible and fully integrated with the combat tracker.

blue_lifesaver
January 31st, 2008, 19:49
Nez..that sounds awesome!! Glad your making headway :D I know some in our group are biting at the chomp to play :p
Well BI should take the tag line "The Future of Gaming"...unless it's implying the future of gaming is to pack up and shelve it.
Also GW being so unstable...I'm not sure if I dare try their MMORPG...knowing our luck..after buying the game...the load up screen will be

GW regrets to announce that Warhammer Online Patch 1.02 will be the final patch to be released in Sept. We will continue to keep servers open for several more months..thanks for blowing your money with us here at GW..please try our miniature game..and our huge library of books.

blue_lifesaver
February 7th, 2008, 00:20
Will be starting a Fri night Dark Heresy game from 7pm-10pm EST. The first session will be week after next to allow time to make characters and review rules and such. Looking for a small group (4 players) who are reliable, enjoy roleplaying, and aren't whiners, slackers, or rule lawyers ;)

If interested drop me a line at [email protected]

nezzir
February 7th, 2008, 07:06
Will be starting a Fri night Dark Heresy game from 7pm-10pm EST. The first session will be week after next to allow time to make characters and review rules and such. Looking for a small group (4 players) who are reliable, enjoy roleplaying, and aren't whiners, slackers, or rule lawyers ;)

Damn... I'm not going to get to be in the first game I did the ruleset for :(

I can't do Fridays. You guys have a blast. Let me know how it goes.

blue_lifesaver
February 7th, 2008, 21:07
LOL well you know your in the post Evernight DH game...=P

nezzir
February 7th, 2008, 21:12
Just a note, character generation is pretty involved. You might want to set up a night where you do nothing but that. You know, get in there and Iron Man some stat rolls!

GL - have fun.

blue_lifesaver
February 7th, 2008, 22:49
LOL actually I prefer setting up times to make up characters prior to start of campaign. Already have a psyker onboard!

Nojo
February 8th, 2008, 05:09
If anyone starts another Dark Heresy game, not Fri/Sat nights, and something that works with my PST time zone, send me a shout.

richruzz
February 8th, 2008, 15:30
Yeah, if anyone else plans on ever starting a game with this ruleset send me a message.

blue_lifesaver
February 9th, 2008, 13:41
So any other interest? Currently have 3-4 players and could take on 1-2 more to make it a solid 4-5. One Psyker already created...some interest in the Guardsman role...plan to use this week for char creation..so still time to join

Blue Haven
February 9th, 2008, 23:04
I really wanted to try :) tell me when can i join to create the character :)

richruzz
February 10th, 2008, 01:30
Yeah like I said, Guardsman or Cleric. Just beforehand when you get a chance send me a tell when you would be able to get the server up so I can roll up a character and get a story ready by the time we start.

blue_lifesaver
February 16th, 2008, 20:55
Any others interested? First session this upcoming Fri. Feb 22 1900-2300 EST. Currently have
1 Void Born Psyker
1 Imperial Tech-Priest
1 Feral Guardsman
1 Arbitrator

nezzir
February 16th, 2008, 21:07
Any others interested? First session this upcoming Fri. Feb 22 1900-2300 EST. Currently have
1 Void Born Psyker
1 Imperial Tech-Priest
1 Feral Guardsman
1 Arbitrator

PM draeven57 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?u=5208
He wants in.