PDA

View Full Version : NPC Importer Request

MeAndUnique
June 21st, 2023, 20:04
In preparation for converting an upcoming 5th edition supplement for the store, I was looking at adding some extension support for parsing the stat block format used in that supplement that adds a little bit of extra information not normally present in WotC modules. However, I found that the current iteration of the 5E ImportNPCManager is virtually impossible to extend given that pretty much every single function operates exclusively on the local _tImportState, and there is no way for extension code to inspect any aspect of this data, most notably the node and sActiveLine fields. If at all possible I would like to avoid copy/pasting the entire file just to add support for the first two lines in each stat block, and so any extra visibility into the data would be greatly appreciated.

LordEntrails
June 21st, 2023, 20:20
Note that the developers ask that feature requests be added to the Wish List, so that they can be tracked, searched, sorted and voted on by community members. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
That does not mean that a forum post isn't valuable for discussion. I suggest you do both, and place a link in each one to the other so that people vote on the Wish List and discuss here.

Trenloe
June 21st, 2023, 20:51
Moved to The Workshop forum. This is the best place to discuss ruleset/extension coding.