PDA

View Full Version : Adding links to a story without amending the record type

CassMerry
June 21st, 2023, 18:45
Hey folks, not sure if this is an option that can be toggles but it's really annoying me so hopefully there's a way to do it. I'm trying to add list of record links, particularly when creating power lists, but when I do so it amends the record type (in this case 'Power) before the link name when I add them, so I have to go back and delete the append from every single line, and the only way I know to get around it is to link to some already written text, and I'd have to type out all the text so that would also take ages. Does anyone know of a way to get Fanasy Grounds to add the record name in a story entry when linking a record without appending the type? i.e. "Blast" instead of "Power: Blast"?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2023, 19:01
No. Fantasy Grounds appends the record type before the name so that you know what the link is referring to. So, if you link an item it will say Item: x or a story it will say Story: x

You can delete the Item or Story bit if you don't want it for whatever reason.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2023, 20:47
Before that feature was added, there would often be links in the text that had the same names for different record types, or lack of clarity as to the type of record that the link led to. This led to users being confused, and having to open multiple windows to find what they wanted. By appending the type of record to the beginning of the text, the user is clear about what type of record that the link opens.

Regards,
JPG

superteddy57
June 22nd, 2023, 11:53
Well you can have it no longer add the Prefix of the record type by dragging from the text portion of the masterindex (the window that opens from the sidebar). This will just place the name of the record. Dragging from the link will add the record type.