PDA

View Full Version : Syrinscape Help

brianreid47
June 18th, 2023, 03:36
Ok. I paid for two of the Syrinscape modules (The Monster Manual and the Players Handbook), and I have activated both of them. Now, when I open up the Sound Settings, and click on web import, after all of the sounds import, my buttons to the right are still greyed out. On the one video I was watching, their buttons were green and pink, so obviously I am missing something. Any idea what step I am missing? Thanks,

Brian57811

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2023, 03:52
That means you you haven't successfully generated a sound session yet, by clicking the Generate button.

Derek and Cameron just provided an update to the sound links documentation wiki that you can look through:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2078932993/Using+Sound+Links

Regards,
JPG

brianreid47
June 18th, 2023, 13:56
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the wiki, and I followed what they said to do, but still I have no sounds. When I roll the dice like normal, I get the dice sounds, so I know that I have sound. The sound program seems to be working, since I tested it by putting a black dragon on the combat tracker, and when I open up sound sets, it has all of the black dragon sounds. In fact, in the "Now Playing" section, it has "Dragon Wings" as now playing, but yet I have no sound from that. Not sure what I am still missing. See my attached screenshot. 57821

Trenloe
June 18th, 2023, 14:17
Sounds aren't played through Fantasy Grounds. They're played through the Syrinscape Web Player. Open the web player first - a quick way to do this is click the Invite button and then click on the link in chat.

See here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2078932993/Using+Sound+Links#Generating-a-Syrinscape-Session-for-your-Players

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2023, 17:47
Also note, you need a Syrinscape account and own/license the sounds on Syrinscape you are triggering.

Tooting Dog
June 18th, 2023, 23:57
I am having a similar issue. I can play and hear the sounds I imported from Syrinscape. I cannot hear the sounds from the FGU Sound Packs.

What does it mean to "open the web player first?" I am in FGU. I click Generate and then Invite. I click the link in chat.

Do I need to import the FGU bought sounds into Syrinscape?

I can click the button with the red arrow and the sounds imported from Syrinscape work:

I click the button with the red arrow and I get no sound from the Fantasy Ground pack:
Nor does it work making attacks and damage rolls in the CT.

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2023, 00:23
FG sends the sound commands to the Syrinscape web player. And then Syrinscape plays the sounds. You have to have the Syrinscape web player open, and you logged in with your account. It's best to do that before you start FG. Is that where your problem is coming from?

Tooting Dog
June 19th, 2023, 02:19
Well, like I had stated, I can get FGU to play the free sounds I imported from Syrinscape. I cannot get the sounds I purchased from Smiteworks to work.

I did another run-through. I opened Syrinscape first and logged in. Then I loaded FGU. As usual:

1. I can get the sounds I imported from Syrinscape to work in FGU. I click the sound in FGU and it appears in the Now Playing section of the Sound:Context window. All is good here.

2. I cannot get the sounds from the Smiteworks sound pack to play. I see them. I click the little play button and the sound appears in the Now Playing section of the Sound: Context window, but there is no sound to be heard.

3. I am looking at Syrinscape and am pretty sure I am logged in. I see my nickname at the top right.

4. I've clicked the lock in Chrome and set Sound to Allow and also the default and neither seems to help the Smiteoworks sound pack.

5. Lastly, I click my own Join My Syrinscape Lobby message. Again, a last action. That yields no better result.

I am absolutely stumped.

Do I need a paid Syrinscape? I am using the free version. Maybe I missed that in the instructions somewhere.

Tooting Dog
June 19th, 2023, 02:23
Yep. It looks like I need the paid version. At least by this description...

"Syrinscape Sound Link Packs for Fantasy Grounds work with your Syrinscape Super Syrin subscription..."

Super Syrin is the paid, correct?

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2023, 02:24
I'm worried we are talking past each other.
Buying the FG soundlink module does not grant you rights to the actual sound in Syrinscape. The module is only the links being setup. You still need the individual sound licensed via Syrinscape, either their subscription or the Syrinscape pack the module comes from.
From the FG product page:

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2023, 02:27
The SmiteWorks sound packs were built using the full Syrinscape subscription, so it’s possible that the sounds set up in the sound packs are not available in the free Syrinscape option.

If you perform the Web Import in FG Sound: Settings, you’ll get a list of the sounds associated with your account.

If you have a sound that doesn’t work, you can see if it shows up in the list of sounds on your account.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2023, 02:38
Yep. It looks like I need the paid version. At least by this description...

"Syrinscape Sound Link Packs for Fantasy Grounds work with your Syrinscape Super Syrin subscription..."

Super Syrin is the paid, correct?
Yep. The top tier Syrinscape subscription guarantees you have access to all the sounds. I don't know what lesser levels you can get away with.

brianreid47
June 19th, 2023, 03:06
How did you import sounds from Syrinscape into FGU?

Tooting Dog
June 19th, 2023, 03:44
Everything is functional now. The problem I had all-along was not having the paid super syren version or whatever it is called. Can I change the volume of these sounds just on my end without changing it on the other users' computers? I have someone who plays live next to me on an otherwise online game and don't want our sounds interfering. Plus, I need it clear on my end to hear what people are saying... old rock drummer here.

Brian, super simple. Sound: Context. Settings. Web Import.

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2023, 04:07
You can adjust the volume using the buttons in the Sound: Context window within FG; which just sends the commands to the Syrinscape web player.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
June 19th, 2023, 07:15
Can I change the volume of these sounds just on my end without changing it on the other users' computers?
Use your computer's volume control for the web browser that's running the Syrinscape Web Player.

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2023, 16:52
How did you import sounds from Syrinscape into FGU?
Details here: Using Sound Links - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net) (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2078932993/Using+Sound+Links)