PDA

View Full Version : Can you keep PC's from opening doors themselves?

MartianXi
June 18th, 2023, 03:33
5e Ruleset...

During the last few games, some of my PC's have taken to opening doors themselves, before I have chance to say that they are locked/trapped etc...and may get a glimpse of what's inside before I'm ready for them to see it.

I usually only see the DM view so not sure how much the players can see/manipulate on their end.

So question is, can you block player access to opening doors?

superteddy57
June 18th, 2023, 03:36
You could lock the door so it's not interactive by the players. This is done on the GM's side and should be a lock on the area you have setup as the door.

MartianXi
June 18th, 2023, 03:38
You could lock the door so it's not interactive by the players. This is done on the GM's side and should be a lock on the area you have setup as the door.

How do I do that? Each door doesn't appear as a new layer as far as I can tell. If they do they aren't labelled in the window.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2023, 03:39
The lock on a door is toggleable by the GM by using one of the modifier keys. Either Control or Shift. The icon should change when it’s locked.

Regards,
JPG

MartianXi
June 18th, 2023, 03:42
The lock on a door is toggleable by the GM by using one of the modifier keys. Either Control or Shift. The icon should change when it’s locked.

Regards,
JPG

Looks like shift does it.... wish I knew this two years ago... haha..

Thanks

Griogre
June 18th, 2023, 18:19
You can lock the door open as well. Sometimes that is useful if they are fighting around and through a door and keep accidently opening and closing the door when they are trying to move or draw a pointer.

MartianXi
June 18th, 2023, 18:26
You can lock the door open as well. Sometimes that is useful if they are fighting around and through a door and keep accidently opening and closing the door when they are trying to move or draw a pointer.

Good Tip... cheers

Bonkon
June 18th, 2023, 21:39
Good Day MartianXi :)
You can also lock windows so they cannot be opened as well. :)