PDA

View Full Version : Which Content Next? POLL

Jiminimonka
June 17th, 2023, 18:20
A few people have asked what is coming next, so here is a chance to help me decide.

Felderburg
June 18th, 2023, 00:10
I would say do the quadrant guides then the division stuff (or whatever order of the remaining 6 of those books). That will cover a lot of the "base" mechanics and such, before getting to other campaign guides or modules.

...although the Shackleton Expanse book might be something to throw in soon, since it's the main setting that Modiphius ahs put out.

similarly
June 18th, 2023, 04:56
The Klingon book would have been my first choice, but out of the choices available, I agree with Felderburg: the quadrant guides first, then the division stuff.

Lawlesslisa
June 18th, 2023, 22:39
Klingon book would also be my suggestion

Felderburg
June 19th, 2023, 20:49
Oh dang the Klingon book completely slipped my mind! Not sure how that happened since I've been looking at it a lot lately. Yes, it should also be up there... or at the very least, a Klingon Houses character creator, since that's proooobably the biggest addition to the core rules it contains.

Ryuson
June 24th, 2023, 22:18
Another vote for Klingon book then Shackleton Expanse

SylvanSnake
August 7th, 2023, 12:47
I'd say Beta Quadrant, then the 3 Division Sourcebooks. Those are pretty much the core books. Delta, Gamma and Klingons later.

Reg
August 11th, 2023, 03:22
Quadrants, Divisions, Shackleton Klinons can come later

Voxpopuli
September 19th, 2023, 00:37
Anything source book wise! The release are slow.

Jiminimonka
September 19th, 2023, 00:40
Its gonna start fast n furious soon.

SylvanSnake
December 7th, 2023, 14:32
Definitely need the Beta Quadrant. Alpha and Beta are both pretty much core world books, with the Federation occupying space in both of them. Besides that the Division books are a must-have. The rest is pretty much just expansion content.

Draykor
December 16th, 2023, 08:03
I would like to vote for Utopia. Add in all the ship frames, different weapon types, all the new ship profiles.

Just so much content pulled together from multiple sources

kronovan
January 13th, 2024, 02:23
I'm wondering why the Player's Guide wasn't included in the poll? I recently got the STA:PG PDF and it's a terrific resource for players. The non-starfleet PC roles really open up other possibilites for characters and the 40 new talents are nice choices.
The 2nd DLC I typically buy for any FG ruleset I own, is the Player's Guide/Player's Handbook equivalent - PHB for D&D 5e, Advanced Player's Guide for PF1e, setting-specific equivalent for Savage Worlds' settings, etc. Knowing how the useful content that's in the STA:PG, it'd be no different in my STA purchasing priorities. Afterall, I want to quickly achieve buy in from the player's for any campaign I run and a module that gives them some PC-specific tools and options helps.

Jiminimonka
January 13th, 2024, 17:47
I'm wondering why the Player's Guide wasn't included in the poll? I recently got the STA:PG PDF and it's a terrific resource for players. The non-starfleet PC roles really open up other possibilites for characters and the 40 new talents are nice choices.
The 2nd DLC I typically buy for any FG ruleset I own, is the Player's Guide/Player's Handbook equivalent - PHB for D&D 5e, Advanced Player's Guide for PF1e, setting-specific equivalent for Savage Worlds' settings, etc. Knowing how the useful content that's in the STA:PG, it'd be no different in my STA purchasing priorities. Afterall, I want to quickly achieve buy in from the player's for any campaign I run and a module that gives them some PC-specific tools and options helps.

I didn't have the PG when I made the Poll most likely.

Voxpopuli
January 20th, 2024, 16:19
Well one must admit in 2024 that this franchise is slowly dying as far as support by Fantasy Grounds. Nothing meaningful (ie Source books) is being release. Very sad.

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2024, 16:38
Well one must admit in 2024 that this franchise is slowly dying as far as support by Fantasy Grounds. Nothing meaningful (ie Source books) is being release. Very sad.

Things are in the pipeline. If you want to produce content contact Smiteworks and ask to start developing Star Trek modules :)

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2024, 17:13
Some of these Star Trek PDFs are hundreds of pages and a lot of content to convert. Especially things like the Beta Quadrant Guide and Captain's Log. This year should see a bunch of stuff from me, and I think there are a couple of other people also working on Star Trek content.

Voxpopuli
January 20th, 2024, 17:23
Glad to hear stuff is coming soon!