PDA

View Full Version : Compile logs...

Korvaak
June 17th, 2023, 01:17
Hi

When the grey compile log comes up while I am doing something... do I press compile log...then it opens a new window with the zipped files...

My question is what should I do now ?

Am I supposed to send it to you or do you automatically get it ?

Thanks for any advice.

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2023, 02:58
The console window only opens when FG detects a warning or error. 99% of the time this is because you are using an extension that is broken. Usually because you updated FG and the extension has not yet been updated.

To figure out what is going on, create a new extension, do not enable any extensions. See if the error happens. If it does, then compile the logs, start a thread here, and post the logs along with what ruleset and the actions you were doing to cause the errors.

If the issue does not re-occur, turn ont he extension until you identify which extension is causing problems. Report the issue in the thread or via the means requested by the extension author.

Trenloe
June 17th, 2023, 08:47
To figure out what is going on, create a new extension, do not enable any extensions. See if the error happens. If it does, then compile the logs, start a thread here, and post the logs along with what ruleset and the actions you were doing to cause the errors..
Double typo fever! :o

Create a new campaign... :)

Griogre
June 17th, 2023, 08:48
He meant create a new *campaign* without any extensions. If you look at the error message/warning it might give you a hint on which extension is causing a problem.

Edit: Ninjaed by Trenloe :p

Korvaak
June 17th, 2023, 09:53
LordEntrails, Trenloe, and Griogre, Thanks very much.

I only had the extension... Theme: D&D - Official...on my new computer.

I was trying to create a 1st level cleric and was adding spells to it... ( I was following the creation procedure along with Philip Grieg's tutorial )

Trenloe
June 17th, 2023, 09:56
If you get the issue with just a single (official) extension then, yes, compile the logs and post them in a new thread in the support forum - detail ruleset, operating system, extensions used and how to recreate the issue.

Korvaak
June 17th, 2023, 09:58
Thanks I will try and do that now.

Zacchaeus
June 17th, 2023, 12:05
I can confirm there is an error. I've started a new thread for better visibility. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78174-Error-when-adding-spells-in-CW&p=689941#post689941

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2023, 18:22
Dang it! Don't read what I wrote, read what I meant!!!

Did you know there are two types of people? 1) Those who can draw conclusions from incomplete information.