PDA

View Full Version : Best Flying Mod?

Blakey
June 16th, 2023, 08:33
Hey hey!

A PC in my new campaign can fly (winged tiefling). So now, a thing that occasionally happens in other campaigns occurs in every encounter: We need to track his height off the ground.

So, I am looking for a neat, simple mod to enable us to track elevation for any and all tokens in a fight.

We play 5E if it matters, but I'd imagine this to be a system-agnostic mod.

Thanks!
Blakey

Trenloe
June 16th, 2023, 08:39
Height indicator (and distance calculation) is now built in to FG (as of version 4.3.3).

Hold down the Alt key and mouse-wheel over a token on the map.

Littlerogue
June 16th, 2023, 08:40
Don't the ALT+mouse wheel on token work on 5E ? You should see a buble on the token showing its elevation.

Blakey
June 16th, 2023, 09:57
Doh!! That's perfect - thanks!!

Blakey
June 16th, 2023, 11:14
I just had a quick play with this. I can see that it auto-calculates distance to target based upon relative heights now - that is also very cool.

Question: Is there a way to have a PC propose movement which includes going up or down, and have that taken into account in their movement distances? I can't intuitively see how to do that?

Trenloe
June 16th, 2023, 12:06
Question: Is there a way to have a PC propose movement which includes going up or down, and have that taken into account in their movement distances? I can't intuitively see how to do that?
Height isn't included in the token-lock movement tracking. You'll need to calculate/track that manually.

Ram Tyr
June 16th, 2023, 19:19
Is there a wishlist item already listed for incorporating height (for flying, climbing, swimming,...) into movement tracking for locked tokens?

LordEntrails
June 16th, 2023, 21:28
Is there a wishlist item already listed for incorporating height (for flying, climbing, swimming,...) into movement tracking for locked tokens?
Not that I'm aware of. You can check here and add it if you don't find one. Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0 (https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/)