PDA

View Full Version : Encounter BUG after update

Omalus
June 15th, 2023, 12:26
Good day to all!

Whenever trying to populate the encounters for D&D 5E from a module I get the following;

ERROR Script execution error: [string "C:battle:addct"] 12: attempt to call field 'addBattle' (a nil value)

The NPCs do not populate in the Combat Tracker or on the battle map. Any thoughts how to fix this?

Peace.

Trenloe
June 15th, 2023, 13:04
It'll probably be an extension. Try recreating the issue in a brand new campaign with no extensions.

BlueFlameMage
June 15th, 2023, 16:13
For me testing it looks like Critically awesome essentials extension is throwing this one. Created a test campaign with no ext active then started adding them in one at a time. popped up when i re-activated that one, went away when deactivated. hopefully get an update soon for that one

jkrayer
June 15th, 2023, 16:49
I'm getting several exceptions. In a brand new 5E campaign with no Extensions loaded.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2023, 17:12
That looks like something got corrupted in the application. Probably need to uninstall/reinstall; or find out if you have any security software blocking or modifying any files.

Regards,
JPG

jkrayer
June 15th, 2023, 17:23
That seems to have done the job. Thanks!

MartianXi
June 17th, 2023, 17:03
Duplicate

MartianXi
June 17th, 2023, 17:05
I'm having the same issue. With Crit Essentials running I get the error above, (OP Post) but encounter XP gets added to the Party Sheet.

With Crit Essentials off. I can add encounters to the CT but the XP isn't getting added to the Party Sheet.

I assume the XP loading to the Party Sheet is an innate function of FGU and not part of Crit Essentials.

Trenloe
June 17th, 2023, 17:08
I assume the XP loading to the Party Sheet is an innate function of FGU and not part of Crit Essentials.
You need to drag the encounter to the Party Sheet yourself.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641997/5E+Party+Sheet#XP-Tab

MartianXi
June 17th, 2023, 17:20
You need to drag the encounter to the Party Sheet yourself.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641997/5E+Party+Sheet#XP-Tab

Good to know... seems that is a function of Crit Essentials then...

devinlc
June 18th, 2023, 05:09
I will just confirm. Got the error with Crit Ess running when I tried to hit the down arrow for Encounter placement but dragging works fine.