PDA

View Full Version : XML Error: Name cannot begin with the '=' character

Saramund
June 14th, 2023, 19:03
have you ever fgot this message before?

ERROR] FormattedText SetValue XML Error: Name cannot begin with the '=' character, hexadecimal value 0x3D. Line 1, position 7561.

it comes up sometimes when a PC attacks.
Do you know what Name they are referring to? I have no name beginning with =

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2023, 20:49
It's something internally about the way data is passed to the FG APIs. Do you have a set of steps that will recreate the issue?

Regards,
JPG

Saramund
June 15th, 2023, 06:26
I don't know how to generate more verbose log, but I got a clue: this happens when I roll for a missile or thrown weapon attack

Saramund
June 15th, 2023, 18:16
I have found out when the Clock Adjuster ext is active the error doesn't show up.
Still don't understand the relationship between a missile attack roll and the Clock Adjuster ...:confused:

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2023, 18:42
Can you post a zipped up copy of your campaign folder, as well as the steps you follow to see the issue? (i.e. open this PC, go to this tab, make this roll, etc.)

I'm not familiar with the ruleset or game system, but trying to help out Dakadin on this one.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2023, 18:42
Also, do you have any other extensions active? They might be causing the issue indirectly.

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
June 15th, 2023, 19:31
Yeah, I did some testing and didn't see any errors rolling various ranged attacks.

Saramund
June 15th, 2023, 22:04
here it is and thank you so much
it looks like the error is related to the distance between the tokens.
I tried to attack with a long bow when in melee (5' distance), and the error didn't show up.

Trenloe
June 15th, 2023, 22:27
It's caused by the Clock Adjuster "chat log" functionality. Go into the campaign settings and change Clock Adjuster - Chat Logging to disabled.

This specific issue is caused when there is an "=" in the chat output - which is usually for ranged weapons. For example: [Attack] Handaxe [OB - Offense bonus +46] [Range 15' <= 25' -30] vs. Ant (Giant)

Saramund
June 16th, 2023, 05:54
Awesome!
Now it works like a charm
thank you so much