PDA

View Full Version : New Syrinscape feature mostly not working

ColoradoGM
June 14th, 2023, 09:13
If it were ALL not working it might be easier to fix. Moon Wizard worked with me on Discord but we were unable to resolve this.
5e ruleset, Windows 11, Syrinscape in Edge browser. Tested in an extension-free campaign, with only the SRD bestiary and the two sound modules loaded.
The sounds that ARE working are the sounds that were loaded by clicking on "web import" in the sound Settings menu. When I click them in the Settings screen they generate the URL and play the sound.

The sounds that DON'T work are the ones from the two FG purchased modules, the Players Handbook and the Monster Manual. Whether I click on those sounds directly or try to generate them through the combat tracker by attacking or casting spells, they generate the URL (and it is the identical URL) but no sound plays.
Any ideas?
Screenshots and a bit more detail are here https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/692116657858150410/1118427421587275786

Gwydion
June 14th, 2023, 12:37
Shouldn't matter at all of course, but did you try using a different browser? Maybe chrome or firefox? I purchased both of the sound packs and they are working fine for me using chrome browser. Assume you have all extensions off while you are testing?

Gwydion
June 14th, 2023, 12:43
One other question. Do you have a super syrin subscription? Main question being do you own all the sounds that are triggering from syrinscape? I believe that you still need to either have a super syrin sub with access to all sounds or own the individual soundpacks in order for them all to work. So, if the sounds you are trying to trigger didn't come over in the web import it could be you don't have access to them on syrinscape.

Edit: Actually I think you do need a super syrin sub to use the web player so I doubt this is the issue. I've subbed for so long I'd forgotten if that functionality was paid or not.

ColoradoGM
June 14th, 2023, 16:24
I clicked the “free 1 month trial of super Syrin” so I think I do…. But maybe that’s why I have some sounds and not others .

Xealot
June 14th, 2023, 20:53
I have the same problem and as Gwydion was saying a bout the subscription is right You have to have one OR re-buy each sounds separately this go's to show we should look in the requirement on there store page it would be nice if they had in brackets ( requires super syrinscape subscription) in the header

Zacchaeus
June 14th, 2023, 21:14
I have the same problem and as Gwydion was saying a bout the subscription is right You have to have one OR re-buy each sounds separately this go's to show we should look in the requirement on there store page it would be nice if they had in brackets ( requires super syrinscape subscription) in the header

It's mentioned at least 4 times.

Xealot
June 15th, 2023, 05:46
this is what I got i clicked buy and check out i should if went in to info to see the requires

Griogre
June 15th, 2023, 15:32
First, Smiteworks has 30 day no questions asked return policy so you can refund the purchases.

The page Zacchaeus is showing appears if you click for details on the purchases, ie on the image to the left of the "Buy" button or the top line title to the right of the "Buy" button, ie "D&D Monster Manual - Syrinscape Sound Link Pack".

You do usually want to click on one of them to see any requirements and if they have LOS or other features. Probably that title link should be made more obvious since its not obvious its a link until you mouse over it.