PDA

View Full Version : Syrinscape integration for other game systems

Morfedel
June 14th, 2023, 03:47
So, the sound systems coming out are great, but what about for those of us playing Pathfinder or other games besides 5th edition?

LordEntrails
June 14th, 2023, 04:37
The new update for sounds is not ruleset specific, or at least it is not limited to 5E. It's been added to CoreRPG, so all the major rulesets, including 5E and PF1 & PF2 should all have it.

That said, I actually haven't tested in yet, but the above is per the release notes. Are you finding PF doesn't have it or...?

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2023, 04:47
I think @Morfedel is referring to the fact that the only official DLC for the sound packs are the three D&D 5E modules sold in the store.

I'll pass along the desire for more sound packs.

Regards,
JPG

sirkerry
June 14th, 2023, 05:04
I think @Morfedel is referring to the fact that the only official DLC for the sound packs are the three D&D 5E modules sold in the store.

I'd definitely buy sound packs for Starfinder and Pathfinder 2 if they were avaialble.

Farnaby
June 14th, 2023, 07:12

Regards,
JPG

Count me in for PF2, it will save me a ton of time

Morfedel
June 14th, 2023, 12:48
Me too; I would definitely spend money on Pathfinder 2e's sounds

ddavison
June 14th, 2023, 13:03
Thanks. We plan to release these as well in the coming weeks and months.

rigerco
June 15th, 2023, 15:28
Are the "official" 5E sound files locked so that we cannot repurpose the sounds for other systems? Sure, they have pre-built the triggers and whatnot, but if they have a good swinging flail one shot effect I'd like to use that in my Pathfinder and Savage Worlds games with triggers I create.

LordEntrails
June 15th, 2023, 15:33
Are the "official" 5E sound files locked so that we cannot repurpose the sounds for other systems? Sure, they have pre-built the triggers and whatnot, but if they have a good swinging flail one shot effect I'd like to use that in my Pathfinder and Savage Worlds games with triggers I create.
If I understand the question; The sound modules in the Store are only triggers. The actual sounds are hosted by Syrinscape. So if you already have Syrinscape, then all you have to do is create your own sound triggers in other systems. But if you don't have Syrinscape, then the store modules will not work for you anyway.

Trenloe
June 15th, 2023, 15:35
Use the Universal Modules extension to allow you to open the 5E trigger modules in your other ruleset campaign. I've done this with Pathfinder 2E and the 5E PHB triggers and this works for quite a few of the attacks and spell cast actions. You can then make copies of the triggers that don't work, or are close to something specific to your system of choice and edit them as needed.

ddavison
June 16th, 2023, 18:21
It would be best to build a new sound set for the ruleset you want to use. The 5E modules link the sounds to the specific items within the 5E campaign. Some of these may work if the names are the same, but many will not. Import the Syrinscape sounds that you own from your account and then link them up to the items and elements within your own campaign.

Littlerogue
June 18th, 2023, 21:11
Any plan for releasing sound link packs for Starfinder (at least the core rulebook) ? Syrinscape team released sfx and oneshot for about every weapon type (https://syrinscape.com/store/241-starfinder-handheld-weapons/), so it would be cool if it could be implemented (or i'll have to do it myself :) )

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2023, 23:34
Any plan for releasing sound link packs for Starfinder (at least the core rulebook) ? Syrinscape team released sfx and oneshot for about every weapon type (https://syrinscape.com/store/241-starfinder-handheld-weapons/), so it would be cool if it could be implemented (or i'll have to do it myself :) )
I've seen one mention that packs for other rulesets will be released. But no dates or specifics of what rulesets would be created next.

ddavison
June 19th, 2023, 16:03
We are discussing this currently and we would like to do so. We are also looking for community developers who are interested in building these packs for us for a commission. If interested, reach out to [email protected] and let us know your experience with Syrinscape & FGU, and which content packs you would be interested in converting.

Littlerogue
June 20th, 2023, 06:52
Thanks, right now i'm just lacking of time to commit to such work (plus i'm from EU so it may be harder for you and me to manage commission and financial considerations).

In a few week, i hope so :)