PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds (Questions) for DnD.

dspsr1970
June 12th, 2023, 19:19
I seek advice on my PnP gaming needs as a DM, not as a player. I bought FG Classic on Steam years ago to play online. It never happened. So I know very little about FG Classic and FG Unity.

I want tools for creating my campaign with character details so I do not need to have everything written down.

I assume I need to buy the DnD books; Players Guide, DM Guide, Monster Manual, and Tasha's Cauldron of Everything for FG Classic. I am assuming that if I buy these modules for FG Classic. If I buy FG Unity, will the modules transfer? Is there anything else I need to purchase? Any recommendations? Can I use FG classic or FG Unity only as a DM?

In the future, we might want to game online, but right now, it's old fashion PnP.

LordEntrails
June 12th, 2023, 19:22
You don't have to buy the books, but you probably want to. See this post: What do I need to play 5e? (fantasygrounds.com) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32987-What-do-I-need-to-play-5e)

Any modules/books you buy from the FG store will work with FGU.

Trenloe
June 12th, 2023, 19:25
I am assuming that if I buy these modules for FG Classic.
You can only use products with the FGC icon - and these won't have been updated since support for FG Classic ended two years ago.

If I buy FG Unity, will the modules transfer?
Yes.

Nylanfs
June 12th, 2023, 20:47
Also note, if you are ONLY using it as a DM aid for notes, history etc. then you don't need to have anything other than the base program.