PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when the Syrinscape audio trigger integration will be released?

alloowishus
June 12th, 2023, 18:21
I heard they were aiming for sometime in June, anyone know an exact date? (BTW, I am NOT talking about AUdio Overseer, I am talking about audio triggers to syrinscape built right into Fantasy Grounds)

Sulimo
June 12th, 2023, 18:25
They have only said June (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77867-Fantasy-Grounds-Beta-Release-v4-4-0), no specific date.

That said, if you watch the Labortaory Forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-The-Laboratory), you'll see the testing updates.

superteddy57
June 12th, 2023, 18:25
We don't provide exact ETAs and it's currently available in the TEST server for testing. When we feel it's ready and has been fully tested it will be pushed LIVE. We are still applying updates to the TEST server as there are other features that were introduced along side audio triggers and require fine tuning as well.

Mytherus
June 12th, 2023, 18:42
I’m a bit ignorant to this syrinscape integration I’ve read about. I haven’t paid much attention because my audio pipe into discord solution works great with syrinscape online.

That said whenever it’s released how would it benefit someone like me ..?

Is the point simply it’ll play directly out of everyone’s (your players) fgu client?

alloowishus
June 12th, 2023, 18:51
I’m a bit ignorant to this syrinscape integration I’ve read about. I haven’t paid much attention because my audio pipe into discord solution works great with syrinscape online.

That said whenever it’s released how would it benefit someone like me ..?

Is the point simply it’ll play directly out of everyone’s (your players) fgu client?

I use discord audio pipe too and it does work great. The main difference I can see is that you setup triggers in Fantasy grounds so you don't have to manually hit the effect for things like sword hits, spell casting etc. Doesn't really make a difference for music since I usually just start those and let them loop, but it makes sound effects more automatic, which would be cool. I personally have my audio pipe running on a sperate laptop, I have heard that there are issues using the discord audio pipe with the new triggers.

Trenloe
June 12th, 2023, 19:20
There's a work-in-progress page in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2078932993/Using+Syrinscape+Sounds

Mytherus
June 13th, 2023, 02:40
I use discord audio pipe too and it does work great. The main difference I can see is that you setup triggers in Fantasy grounds so you don't have to manually hit the effect for things like sword hits, spell casting etc. Doesn't really make a difference for music since I usually just start those and let them loop, but it makes sound effects more automatic, which would be cool. I personally have my audio pipe running on a sperate laptop, I have heard that there are issues using the discord audio pipe with the new triggers.

Sounds like we do the same right now. I also run my audio pipe on a separate laptop, and yep I just loop music as well. Thanks for the info btw.

Springroll
June 13th, 2023, 06:34
Dumb question perhaps but will we be able to play music as well and not only soundsets connected to actions?

LordEntrails
June 13th, 2023, 16:46
Dumb question perhaps but will we be able to play music as well and not only soundsets connected to actions?
Yes. Syrinscape has both one-shots and ambient sounds. As well, depending upon your subscription, you can play/upload your own music tracks as well.

BaneTBC
June 13th, 2023, 18:39
The Syrinscape integration into FGU will NOT play any sounds directly from the client. What it will do is trigger the sounds via Syrinscape's Online Web player (I don't know if it will support the local player activation, but definitely the web player). The integration, if you don't turn anything on for it and connect it to Syrinscape, will not impact anyone's current implementations of either Audio Overseer or the Syrinscape extensions created by Mattekure, they should continue to work as they currently do unless a change is made to FGU that requires them to update to remain compatible (just like any other update).

For those using the Discord Audio Pipe to get Syrinscape sounds into Discord, it looks like the avenue to explore for this would be to look at Kenku.FM. It looks to be a fairly easy replacement and to allow you a bunch of additional functionality as well. You can even use the same token you used with DAP in Kenku.FM (just only run one of them at a time).

Trenloe
June 13th, 2023, 21:27
Basically you have a few options:

If you're already piping music/SFX the GM plays to the players over your audio communication channel of choice, then you can use the upcoming integration to keep doing that - with or without Syrinscape. You can play local media files via a local path, or play Syrinscape locally - either the stand alone app, or the web player.
Use the Syrinscape web player, with each player in the campaign opening the web player page - the GM can put the link in the FG chat.
Upload your own audio into Syrinscape and use either of the above two options, with Syrinscape.

With option #1 and #3 you'll be using different sound URLs than any modules FG uses, so you'll be changing links or setting up your own.

Sulimo
June 14th, 2023, 00:56
FYI, this was just released (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78080-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0).

Temmpest
June 14th, 2023, 04:01
Just dropped! It's awesome!

Laerun
June 14th, 2023, 04:28
I heard they were aiming for sometime in June, anyone know an exact date? (BTW, I am NOT talking about AUdio Overseer, I am talking about audio triggers to syrinscape built right into Fantasy Grounds)

Now.
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2078932993/Using+Syrinscape+Sounds

Agamon
June 14th, 2023, 05:04
Anyone have a link to the sound packs that work with the FG link packs? Tried searching their site, but I'm coming up empty.

Temmpest
June 14th, 2023, 05:27
Not sure what you mean. Make sure you enter your Syrinscape token key. Rewatch Doug's video on the sounds section. It really works well.

Temmpest
June 14th, 2023, 05:30
Not sure what you mean. Make sure you enter your Syrinscape token key. Rewatch Doug's video on the sounds section. It really works well.

After you open Sound:Context click on settings. Then enter your key. Afterwards I clicked on the Web Import button and all the Sound sets were there.

WinterSoldier7
June 14th, 2023, 13:35
To clarify; the sounds are not played within FGU, you need to load the Syrinscape Web Player and share the link?

Trenloe
June 14th, 2023, 13:42
To clarify; the sounds are not played within FGU, you need to load the Syrinscape Web Player and share the link?
If you're using Syrinscape sounds, yes.

See the linked video in the announcement thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?78080-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0

WinterSoldier7
June 14th, 2023, 13:49
Thank you! I saw that's how it was done in the video, but wasn't clear if that was necessary or not - makes sense