PDA

View Full Version : New Products?

Morik
June 9th, 2023, 02:29
Are we getting new products for this? I'd love to have the Scout book and all the rest. Heck, I'll be happy to put the data in and give it to the FG crew if it's a matter of manpower.

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2023, 03:54
As far as I know, the publisher of this game system loses the license mid-summer to sell/publish Conan 2d20 material, and thus they (and by extension, us) are no longer allowed to sell that material.

Regards,
JPG

Morik
June 9th, 2023, 06:04
Oh, crap! They have so much out, there's not much more to release.

Guess that explains the big pdf sale.

kessler25
June 9th, 2023, 18:22
In a related question, I understand the Conan ruleset won't be sold, but will it receive updates to stay current with Fantasy Grounds software updates?

Morik
June 9th, 2023, 18:25
Oh, cool!
tyvm

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2023, 18:48
We will be continuing to provide maintenance updates, so that it continues to work; but will not be working on any new capabilities or refinements.

We are still open to a community developer providing updates, but that's probably unlikely given the inability to sell, nor get the books, after the deadline passes.

Regards,
JPG

jetpilot
July 8th, 2023, 22:36
Will it be acceptable to post conversion modules on this forum going forward? I've started doing some conversions for myself (adventures mostly) and will eventually convert all the books Modiphius published for Conan into mods. I'd be happy to share them. Not looking for any compensation, just want to keep this ball rolling.

superteddy57
July 8th, 2023, 23:18
It would not be acceptable. It is against the rules of this forum to distribute any materials without the permission of the publisher/creator. You would have to reach out to them, and with their agreement, we would allow them to be shared.

jetpilot
July 8th, 2023, 23:19
Gotcha.

Morik
July 9th, 2023, 01:16
Bummer. I've done a lot of work. It would be nice if others didn't have to. Oh well...

Ryuson
September 13th, 2023, 19:31
Curious. Is Conan 2d20 in the FG store? I already have it but assume it’s no longer sold.

That being said, I’d certainly be interested if there was a revamp of the underlying 2d20 system, and Conan working “over” that. Sorry - non-techie here so not sure if that’s the right word.

But this is similar to what SW is doing with Werewolf and how that’s going to affect Vampire.

The 2d20 system is used for several games on FG (like Fallout and STA) and Modiphius is cranking out a new game (Dreams & Machines IIRC).

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2023, 19:35
Unfortunately, we are no longer allowed to sell Conan 2d20; and as far as we are aware, there is no longer any way to purchase the book directly. Therefore, there are no plans to do anything but core maintenance on the Conan 2d20 ruleset.

The other 2d20 rulesets (Dune, Fallout, Star Trek Adventures) are actively being maintained by our team.

Regards,
JPG