PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Map's container

energizerrabbit
January 21st, 2008, 05:23
Sorry, I am not familar with editing the ruleset (i believe) but I was wondering, how do you go about changing the maps container size by default. Normally it opens up and it is probably around 500px by 500px . I would like to change it so by default it is always 800px x 800px. When I draw, and when I open jpg maps I made.

Thanks for the help!

Griogre
January 21st, 2008, 19:51
It is just a matter of creating a new ruleset and changing a few numbers in the ruleset. I don't remember where exactly and someone will come along and tell you shortly, I'm sure.

I just wanted to point out if you do change that value, if you ever have a player connect to you in a screen resolution of 800x600 or even 1024x768 they are not going to be able to see the chatbox or much of anything else. That is a very large map size.

I don't know if you know that you can hold down the Ctrl key and drag round the lower corner of the map to change the size of the map displayed? This may be easier for you.

energizerrabbit
January 21st, 2008, 20:38
Thank you very much! I wasn't aware that you could resize it.. (FantasyGrounds continue's to amaze me)

I will try that out next time I boot in windows. Thanks!

Oswyn
January 26th, 2008, 03:50
It would be nice if FG would scale itself to the users monitor and or resolution, or allow the user to stretch his map. I use a 24" running at 1920x1200 and sometimes have to eyeball the maps from six inches away just to see whats going on, and I can't make the maps any bigger than the size set by the GM.

Dwelian
January 31st, 2008, 02:42
I don't know if this is applicable to what you're talking about, but I just discovered last night that if you hold down control and press the left mouse button in the map window, you can resize the map window to about an extra 50%. Unfortunately, that appears to be as big as it can be made, although I haven't toyed with the xml (yet :)).

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2008, 23:59
There's a hard-coded maximum setting in the ruleset. It goes to a maximum of 700x700 pixels. To change it, you have to modify the ruleset.

JPG