PDA

View Full Version : Champions (MoreCore Extension)

lamorric
June 3rd, 2023, 07:42
Champions Extension

Champions Extension: This extension provides a reasonable representation of a Champions (Hero System 6e) character sheet, but it doesn't include a lot of automation. It does a "nice" job of dividing things up into separate areas and tabs, and provides access to the MoreCore "rolls and trackers" features. It has been play-tested once for a 3-part scenario with 5 players.

Usual Copyright caveats:

Chanpions itself is a DOJ, Inc. product.
Based on the MoreCore - ShadowRun 3e extension (check it out here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65485-Shadowrun-3-extension)).
Languages from the Additional Fantasy Languages and Fonts extension from Trenloe.

Features:

Custom background
Custom dice tower
Check out the image in the next post.

Enjoy!
LaMorric

Features:

Version 0.2.0: Stopped the "Recovery" button from reducing the "Body Wounds" value.

lamorric
June 3rd, 2023, 07:43
And here is a screenshot.

damned
June 3rd, 2023, 14:11
Well done Iamorric!!

Bonkon
June 4th, 2023, 03:32
Good Day lamorric :)
Wow this looks amazing! I cannot wait to give it a try! :)

lamorric
June 5th, 2023, 20:59
A little more description, and let me know if you have questions.

I helped my players create rolls (in the "Custom Rolls" box on the "Main" tab) that would roll their attacks, damage, and spend their endurance. I had to apply the damage by hand, and the DVC hit is displayed in the chat. So a little on the manual side.

The "Combat Tracker Values" box on the "Main" tab, has a button to apply a "Recovery" and to "Reset" those values. The Initiative order in Champions is based on SPD and DEX, and is automatically calculated as SPD * 100 + DEX. The phases next to the SPD in the "Characteristics" box will change based on the SPD value. Similarly, the ability rolls will too.

The Main tab Totals box actually tallies the values from the other boxes from each of the other tabs.

Most everything else is just a transfer from HeroDesigner. I did play some games with "Prefixes" on the names of things to get the sorting to work out the way I wanted.

Future updates on my list include:

change the "ROUND" counter in Combat Tracker
make the phases more of a visual chart

Bonkon
June 10th, 2023, 02:06
Good Day Lamorric :)
Just a quick question, how did you set up the "Use END" button?

lamorric
June 10th, 2023, 06:17
The MoreCore Ruleset implemented a few extra fields in the Combat Tracker values. One of which is being used for the character's current Endurance (END Remaining).

Specifically, that field was c5 and can be updated using the command /c5mod. The attached picture shows the MoreCore custom rolls used to deduct from the END Remaining, make an attack roll, make a skill roll, and make a damage roll.

Let me know if that was more confusing than helpful, and I'll try again. ;-)

Bonkon
June 10th, 2023, 22:32
Good Day Lammoric :)
That cleared up the END Use perfectly THANKS!
I still need to learn what the rest of the options are on the rolls page, the Reference Fields and the Parameters, but the rolls seem to work OK without them populated. :)

One minor thing I noted was when you do a Recovery from the Main page on the Character Sheet it also recovers Body Damage. I Do not believe it is supposed to work this way. From the 6E book:
RECOVERING BODY
A character Recovers a number of BODY in one month equal to his REC. Typically, the GM apportions this BODY over the course of the month.

lamorric
June 14th, 2023, 02:45
Bonkon, you are absolutely correct. Probably a cut and paste issue with reusing the "reset" functionality as a starting point for that button.

The extension has been updated in the first post.

Enjoy!
LaMorric

Bonkon
June 17th, 2023, 22:44
Good Day LaMorric :)
It seems there is a new error message coming up when loading this extension since the upgrade:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MoreCore:scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'setCustomAddNPC' (a nil value)

As I still have not messed with NPC's (Still inputting the manual) I do not know if it is a nuisance error or not. :)

lamorric
June 21st, 2023, 16:37
Good Day to you too, Bonkon.

Recently, there was what seemed like a major update to Fantasy Grounds. My extension doesn't do anything specific with NPC's, and that error appears to come from within the MoreCore Ruleset. The creator of that Ruleset (dammed) is usually very good at keeping on top of things like this. I will continue to watch MoreCore and update my extension (if needed) as there are updates there.

Sorry, but I don't have a solution at this time.

damned
June 21st, 2023, 20:56
Hi lamorric - I havent recreated that error in MoreCore at this time. Can you share steps with me?

lamorric
June 22nd, 2023, 23:10
damned,

I wonder if my system is corrupted. These are the steps.
1) Delete both MoreCore and CoreRPG
2) Start FGU and do "Check For Updates"
3) Create a new MoreCore campaign with no other extensions selected and in LAN mode

When the it finally shows the desktop it shows the console with the messages. I have attached the Console Log file (MC_Plain_1_fgu_logs_20230622.zip).

It should be noted I can get CoreRPG to error on start of a clean campaign as well. Sometimes the errors are such that the right hand sidebar doesn't show. The other log file (CoreRPG_fgu_logs_20230622.zip).

I have also noted that things are usually better after the error, if I restart and do a "Check For Updates", and then "Load Campaign".

And finally, sometimes the loading screen is like the old beige FG, and sometimes it is collored a purple-ish / gold-ish.

Let me know what you think.
LaMorric

damned
June 23rd, 2023, 00:34
Please update and try again...

lamorric
June 24th, 2023, 01:14
Hazzah! It doth workith!

As I said before, the creator of MoreCore is a "damned" fine person! ;)

lamorric
June 24th, 2023, 01:40
And I found an issue with the way I implemented the heal / recovery.

There is a new version in the initial post.

Bonkon
July 15th, 2023, 06:33
I have had to step away from playing with this (And creating a Reference Manual, which is taking forever!) :)
But today I started working on a character, placed him on the Combat Tracker then added an NPC. When I connected to myself and opened the Combat Tracker I got the following error on the Players side only:

As this was the first time I tried adding anything to the Combat Tracker I did not know what to expect! :)
Plus there is a lot less info on the Players side! LOL :)

But so far this looks amazing and I am looking forward to the day I finally get the Reference Manual done so our group can give it a shot.

Thanks for doing all this! I know it is beyond my capabilities. :)

lamorric
July 17th, 2023, 15:55
Hey Bonkon,

This looks like maybe it is coming from MoreCore, and I have contacted "damned" to see what he thinks.

Just wanted to let you know that we are looking into it.

Later,
LaMorric

damned
July 18th, 2023, 00:15
Please re-run the updater and try again.

lamorric
July 18th, 2023, 03:02
Crikey! He's fast, and good.

As far as I can tell, both MoreCore and my Champions extensions are working.

Thanks damned!

Bonkon
July 18th, 2023, 05:00
Good Day LaMorric and Damned :)
You both rock, Thanks for doing this!! :)

Bonkon
July 21st, 2023, 21:02
Just a quick question. When I place a PC on the CT it does not seem to automatically populate the "Speed/Dex" box and only the GM can input that information. Is this normal, or am I missing something?

lamorric
July 26th, 2023, 02:22
Hey Bonkon,

Yes, that was intentional, sort of. I think that is default behavior, maybe.

I didn't want to mess with the combat tracker code, and the reroll initiative button at the bottom of the combat tracker will take what is on the NPC and populate it.

If I can find some free time, I may take a look at it. I want to get intot he combat tracker code to update the turn counter to have a turn and phase indicator.

Bonkon
July 27th, 2023, 19:32
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure. It is simple enough to type it in the first time PC's are added then not worry about it anymore. :)

wjpennington
November 21st, 2023, 02:39
This looks amazing. I'm just figuring ut ther every basics of creating custom rolls. Is there a way to add in skill level modifiers to custom roll to hit calculation?? IE, a Player has +1 Overall level, and decides to add it to OCV on this phase. Or would you just make up multiple custom rolls (One Roll saying energy Blast, and maybe another saying "Energy Blast +1 Skill Level" that adds a +1 to the calculation?

I'm thinking that just creating some custom effects might help to track things like dodging or OCV/DCV modifiers from combat moves.

lamorric
November 22nd, 2023, 04:44
Hey, wjpennington.

In the past what I have done is used the MoreCore custom roll parameters option. Label one as skill level. Then the player can add them in as they use the Roll. See this link for more info.
Roll Parameters (https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#parameters)

You could also have the players create custom rolls on the characters using the /mod X, and make the X a parameter.