PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with 1d2

camelon75
January 20th, 2008, 18:52
I cannot get nay response to any 1d2 rolls some of the pre loaded discriptions from the monster have this lowly random number feature and i would like to ask if there is something I am missing

already searched forums for answer but no 1d2 threads

Griogre
January 20th, 2008, 23:16
FG does not have a d2. So monsters with this dice damage, don't get a damage roll, however most of those monsters like the badger get 1d2-1 so usually they only do one point anyway because you can't do less than one damage. I personally use d6s and have odd numbers be ones and evens be twos - there is a spell somewhere that needs a d2. In theory you could make a custom die, though.

Necrosaro
January 21st, 2008, 02:52
Dunno how the program would handle that but in all the tabletop campaigns i played D2 was just a coin flip. Heads=1 Tails=2...

Doswelk
January 22nd, 2008, 16:33
FG does not have a d2. So monsters with this dice damage, don't get a damage roll, however most of those monsters like the badger get 1d2-1 so usually they only do one point anyway because you can't do less than one damage. I personally use d6s and have odd numbers be ones and evens be twos - there is a spell somewhere that needs a d2. In theory you could make a custom die, though.

Not tried it myself but what happens if you add 1d2 as a custom die?

Griogre
January 22nd, 2008, 21:57
You would then be able to type /die 1d2 and have it generate a 1 or 2. My understanding is it is still not possible to add a different die graphic to the program, so you wouldn't see a new die anywhere. I suspect, but don't know the monster enties with d2 would magically start working though.