PDA

View Full Version : Can't buy Forge tokens with a credit card

rickyhunt
May 27th, 2023, 20:26
I tried to buy Forge tokens with a credit card after buying a module for PF2 successfully with a credit card. On the page where you fill in your card info, there is a section that says "Save your info and create a PayPal account". On the module purchase page, there is a toggle switch next to it, which can be turned off to pay with a card. On the token page, there is no toggle. I thought that might help debugging the issue.

rickyhunt
July 4th, 2023, 05:57
Has anyone discovered why this is happening. I have several modules I would like to purchase, but am unable to do so.

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2023, 08:34
As far as I know the only option to buy from Smiteworks is via PayPal. You can buy via PayPal with a credit card I believe, without requiring to create an account; but not sure about that.

ddavison
July 4th, 2023, 14:01
I made a change a while back and when I test it now, I get an option to a pay with Debit or Credit Card.

rickyhunt
July 5th, 2023, 02:31
I made a change a while back and when I test it now, I get an option to a pay with Debit or Credit Card.

I get that page too. It's the next page that is the problem. For the Forge, there is no toggle to pay with a card, just an attempt to get me to sign up for PayPal.

I can buy from the regular store with a card thru PayPal, just not from the Forge, which makes me think it is a settings issue.

ddavison
July 5th, 2023, 15:29
The very next screen I see when I click on Pay with Debit or Credit Card is a Guest checkout. There is an option at the bottom to Save your payment info, but that appears to be optional. Do you see a different screen? Also, are you based in the U.S. or a different country?

DaddieCat
July 5th, 2023, 18:45
I do this as well. Toggling the button at the bottom does allow purchase and does not require a sign up. PayPal and I are not on good speaking terms since the divorce. ROFL.

rickyhunt
July 6th, 2023, 19:13
The very next screen I see when I click on Pay with Debit or Credit Card is a Guest checkout. There is an option at the bottom to Save your payment info, but that appears to be optional. Do you see a different screen? Also, are you based in the U.S. or a different country?

Here are the screens that I am having trouble with. The FG store has a toggle that allows me to pay with a card as a guest. The Forge one doesn't.

58115 FG store
58116 Forge store

ddavison
July 6th, 2023, 19:44
Those don't match my screenshots. What country are you located in?

The Forge uses a different payment system than the main FG site. It is a newer system within PayPal, so the settings are definitely different. Hopefully we can find a way to get them working the same way for you.

damned
July 7th, 2023, 00:48
Here are the screens that I am having trouble with. The FG store has a toggle that allows me to pay with a card as a guest. The Forge one doesn't.

58115 FG store
58116 Forge store

Have you ever logged into Paypal on this computer/browser?
For me I dont get the option to pay as Guest on Forge if I use my regular browser that I do logon to Paypal with.
If I use another browser I get the Continue as Guest option.

rickyhunt
July 7th, 2023, 05:23
Those don't match my screenshots. What country are you located in?

The Forge uses a different payment system than the main FG site. It is a newer system within PayPal, so the settings are definitely different. Hopefully we can find a way to get them working the same way for you.

I am in the US.

rickyhunt
July 7th, 2023, 05:26
Have you ever logged into Paypal on this computer/browser?
For me I dont get the option to pay as Guest on Forge if I use my regular browser that I do logon to Paypal with.
If I use another browser I get the Continue as Guest option.

I have never logged into Paypal with this computer browser and never will. I had Paypal years ago and it wasn't a good experience. I would like to buy some tokens, but not enough to sign up for Paypal.

damned
July 7th, 2023, 05:31
These are the steps I took on a clean browser:

1. Visit https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/
2. Login
3. Click Treasury
4. Click Buy 500 gold
5. Click Buy Now with Paypal
6. Choose Pay with a card
7. Enter email address (not one used with paypal) and click Continue to Payment

rickyhunt
July 7th, 2023, 19:54
These are the steps I took on a clean browser:

1. Visit https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/
2. Login
3. Click Treasury
4. Click Buy 500 gold
5. Click Buy Now with Paypal
6. Choose Pay with a card
7. Enter email address (not one used with paypal) and click Continue to Payment

I can't complete step 7 because there is no "Continue to Payment" option on that page. See the image for Forge store in post #8. There is only a "create account and continue" button.

Griogre
July 7th, 2023, 21:02
Just a thought, but did you try this in browser incognito mode?

rickyhunt
July 8th, 2023, 13:31
Just a thought, but did you try this in browser incognito mode?

Just tried that and it looked promising at first. There was a page that asked me for my email that wasn't there before, but no matter what I entered, it took me to the same page as before.