PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial request with example ext file willing to pay!

twoditdmonk
May 23rd, 2023, 00:08
Hi guys,

I need a specific tutorial on how to create an ext for any ruleset, or at least most rulesets including 2e d, and d.

the ext I am looking for is a tutorial on a custom NPC sheet-like with a sidebar button for the addon with functional tabs on the side of the sheet that opens a new page on the sheet. Like a character sheet with some functionality such as example tabs, example pages such as a basic journal, and some example input stats just like an NPC sheet. the ability to add more than one NPC. Basically, I need a barebones NPC system duplicate ext so I can learn to make a more advanced version.
the tutorial can be on the ruleset wizard! Since I own that if it makes it easier. I am willing to pay for the video tutorial with the ext file example of the tutorial. let me know if you are interested, and how much you would charge for something like that.

thanks a bunch!

damned
May 23rd, 2023, 04:54
Ill create something for you over the next week.

twoditdmonk
May 23rd, 2023, 09:24
Ill create something for you over the next week.

thanks soooo much you can pm me with a price. I am in no hurry for it so you can take your time with it. As much time as you need. Most of the tutorials out there are for creating rulesets not creating ext, or how to create an ext for a specific ruleset.

Morenu
May 23rd, 2023, 15:39
If you are willing to share it with the community, I would donate A couple bucks.

twoditdmonk
May 23rd, 2023, 17:00
If you are willing to share it with the community, I would donate A couple bucks.

I am certain he would be willing to share it via his youtube channel after I pay for it. you can always use his donate link on his channel after he posts it.

damned
May 28th, 2023, 15:24
Hi guys - try this - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77908-Ruleset-Wizard-Example-Extension-Coding-Tutorial

twoditdmonk
May 29th, 2023, 03:47
Hi guys - try this - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77908-Ruleset-Wizard-Example-Extension-Coding-Tutorial

CAN YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THIS PROJECT? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGeUCKxdX8AvvJP4NSvImlNrOhGU8COc/view?usp=sharing THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL

damned
May 29th, 2023, 04:00
Im not sure what Im supposed to do with it but here are a few issues.

You have two sets of tabs - the tutorial covers had to add more tabs/windows to your datatype
You have no subwindows - the tutorial shows how to create subwindows and put your content in them and to set them up in the tabs

I know it might seem silly or trivial but do setup folders the same way as CoreRPG does for all of your files

Fix those three things and see if some lightbulbs start working for you.

twoditdmonk
May 29th, 2023, 04:08
im not sure what im supposed to do with it but here are a few issues.

You have two sets of tabs - the tutorial covers had to add more tabs/windows to your datatype
you have no subwindows - the tutorial shows how to create subwindows and put your content in them and to set them up in the tabs

i know it might seem silly or trivial but do setup folders the same way as corerpg does for all of your files

fix those three things and see if some lightbulbs start working for you.

thanks a bunch

damned
May 31st, 2023, 07:49
Making progress?

twoditdmonk
May 31st, 2023, 09:56
Making progress?

the xgen project is on hold I can't get the tabs working no matter what I do. thanks to your videos I learned a lot about the wizard, and working with the different rulesets. the only thing missing from the project I gave you was functional tabs. if there was a tutorial on adding functional tabs to xgen, it would answer all my questions. from there, I could create so many things based on that one project. I had no luck adding tabs to the existing xgen demo! if you know anyone willing to do a paid step-by-step tutorial specifically on adding functional tabs to the xgen project please let me know. tell them to pm me with a price and their PayPal on how to make a direct payment. I would appreciate it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGe...ew?usp=sharing I am a noob so I'm not that experienced but I want to be as good as you with the wizard. I am currently going through the 2e, and coreRPG rulesets to learn as much as I can about their structure and the way files interact with each other. thanks a bunch for your help.

damned
May 31st, 2023, 12:40
Its all in the video series I just posted. I have added an 8th video exclusively on tabs.

twoditdmonk
May 31st, 2023, 14:16
Its all in the video series I just posted. I have added an 8th video exclusively on tabs.

oh, i only saw 5 videos ill check again thanks!

twoditdmonk
May 31st, 2023, 14:43
that last video helped out a lot. it explained it. and gave me insight into how to start the project from scratch. Now I can build on that. thanks soooo much!

twoditdmonk
June 1st, 2023, 16:02

for some reason, the tab label is not showing up but everything works fine no errors.
xml file code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root>
<string name="library_recordtype_lable_Xgen">Xgen</string>
</root>

script code:

function onInit()

LibraryData.aRecords
["Xgen"] = {
bExport = true,
aDataMap = { "Xgen", "reference.Xgen" },
sRecordDisplayClass = "Xgen",
sSidebarCatagory = "create" ,
}

end

Trenloe
June 1st, 2023, 16:09
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root>
<string name="library_recordtype_lable_Xgen">Xgen</string>
</root>

Spell label correctly?

twoditdmonk
June 1st, 2023, 16:17
Spell label correctly?

oh my god, how could I have missed that?! lol so sorry thanks a bunch!

Trenloe
June 1st, 2023, 16:23
oh my god, how could I have missed that?! lol so sorry thanks a bunch!
We all do it at some point! :D

twoditdmonk
June 2nd, 2023, 01:42
FOR THOSE WHO NEED A RULESWIZARD PROJECT DEMO FILE TO LEARN FROM. I HAVE ADDED SOME THINGS BUT I WANTED TO KEEP IT BASIC FOR NOOBS LIKE ME. YOU CAN MODIFY THE EXISTING DEMO TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS. I TRIED TO NAME EVERYTHING SIMPLY SO YOU CAN GET A GOOD IDEA OF HOW IT WORKS AT FIRST GLANCE. THANKS TO Trenloe, AND ESPECIALLY damned FOR HIS VIDEO TUTORIALS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8N39gcCZ_I02cVyRfVU33zWJV54STBw/view?usp=sharing

EXT FILE DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASbzbycNRFLw6AYsxSqPqiV_fOoLMqwX/view?usp=sharing