PDA

View Full Version : NPC Coding: Weapons, Spells, Effects

Poe the Homunculus
May 17th, 2023, 01:33
I am building some NPC with unique effects.
First, one of the NPCs has Wave, an artifact that reduces a character by half HP on a critical hit. Can I code this into an NPC, and how?
Second, I want one of the NPCs to be able to Rage like a PC barbarian. Can I add this effect to an NPC character block?

I have Better Effects Gold as well.

Sorry if this may have been asked before, I cannot find a thread like this.
Thank you

rhagelstrom
May 17th, 2023, 03:14
I don’t know a way to reduce hp by half. It can be done but I don’t think anyone has built that.

Npc rage you can just apply the same pc rage effect to the npc.

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2023, 15:36
As said, the reduce HP by half will require an extension. I'm not aware of any that currently do this.

There is a barbarian in the Monster Manual Expanded, but it does not parse correctly into an effect on the Combat Tracker. I don't think there is language that will correctly parse and NPC action to the correct effect. See: 5E Effects for Advanced Automation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net) (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996642031/5E+Effects+for+Advanced+Automation#Automating-Effects-on-NPCs) You will find the manual effect for Rage, and note that their is currently no language to parse the effect from a NPC action.