PDA

View Full Version : v3.5 D&D upgraded variant ruleset

Moon Wizard
January 19th, 2008, 02:02
OK, so I finally found some time to package up all the modifications that I've been working on for the d20 ruleset. Give it a go, and see what you think.

Download here (https://www.johnandjenn.org/docs/fg2_d20_jpg_v1.zip)

Short summary of upgrades (more details included in notes):
* Chat-accessible options for double-click rolling, NPC auto-init, randomized NPC hp, roll auto-totalling and more.
* Client-side combat tracker
* Enhanced mini-windows with quick-roll buttons
* Misc/Size modifiers for attacks
* ...and more

Regards,
JPG

jthm0138
January 19th, 2008, 03:41
Would you mind if I put this on my site as well?, or more directly would you consider creating an account on my site, and upping it yourself so you can collect the points from it as time goes on. :-)

Moon Wizard
January 27th, 2008, 18:19
Has anyone had a chance to try out this ruleset I built? Any comments or requests?

Cheers,
JPG

Oberoten
January 27th, 2008, 20:24
I have downloaded and installed it... A feature-list maybe? So I know what to look at. :)

Rook
January 27th, 2008, 20:52
I believe a text file is package with the zip detailing the contents.

Rook

Oberoten
January 27th, 2008, 21:25
My bad. I only extraced the ruleset directory.
It is a impressive lot of code I will tell ya. And if I have your permission, some of the ideas therein I will canibalize. :)

- Obe

Rook
January 29th, 2008, 00:04
The Client-side combat tracker is just what I've been looking for. Outstanding job sir!

I'm about to test your other improvements.

Rook

wootersl
January 31st, 2008, 17:46
This is awesome! I love the client side tracker and the auto-roll functions. Keep up the awesome work!

Tatzelbelm
February 4th, 2008, 20:16
I've got a question, how do I activate the chat-accessible features? I tried activating them with /auto-total etc., but that didn't work.

The other features are awesome. They should be added to FG with a regular patch. And the chat-accessible features also sound awesome, but I couldn't test them yet (see above).

Thanks a bunch for those features!
Tatzel

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2008, 21:46
There is a readme file that is included with the ruleset that gives more details. The options are accessible via the /opt command in the chat entry bar.

Cheers,
JPG

Tatzelbelm
February 4th, 2008, 23:20
Ah, many thanks for the quick reply. I briefly tested the features with a player of my group, and said that's pretty much everything he was missing from Fantasy Grounds in the first place.

What I noticed was that all modules from the module directory were available in the library, not just the modules declared for the ruleset. Is this intentional?

As for additional features that would be nice to have: Being able to drag feats from a library book onto the feat section of the character sheet, adding the feat to the feat list and offering a link to the library entry about the feat from the character sheet. Basically as with spells.

wootersl
February 5th, 2008, 13:11
Dragable feats and cleric domains is something I am currently working on for my Iron Kingdoms ruleset. If anyone has this one figured out already, please share! :)

wootersl
February 5th, 2008, 23:16
This is a great add-on. But, for the record, in your instructions you might want to put that you can type /opt to change options. That's not in your instructions anywhere. :)

Monkeyboy
February 13th, 2008, 18:05
This is a great add on. Thank you for making it available.

Is there any way it transfer characters from another rule set over to it?

Destan
February 14th, 2008, 02:10
moon - awesome mod. i also make use of Dachanien's "thebox" so that PCs can roll dice with only the DM seeing the result. unfortunately, that mod doesn't seem to play well with your own. do you happen to use thebox or have you troubleshot this in the past?

The error I get is a nil return where a number is expected in chatmanager.lua.

Anyway, I know it's not smart to mix mods - especially when I'm a n00b.

Thanks!

D

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2008, 23:01
Starting a new thread with v1.1 of this ruleset.

New thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=55081)

JPG