PDA

View Full Version : Newbee questions

Gman
January 18th, 2008, 14:59
Ok, I just purchased the full license of FG2. I also purchased three other full licenses for my friends as each of us will probably try our hands at DM'ing at some point. I have a few questions that I hope you all can help me with.

1) I want to purchase the complete SRD. Am I allowed/able to share this with the other people in my group so that they do not need to purchase it?

2) Has anyone tried running the adventures that say that they are for FG1.5 and run into any issues running them in FG2?

3) Any suggestions for a good module to help teach us all how to use FG?

I am very excited to start using FG and hope it is everything that I have been reading on these forums over the past few months. Thanks in advance for your help.

Valarian
January 18th, 2008, 15:08
1) I want to purchase the complete SRD. Am I allowed/able to share this with the other people in my group so that they do not need to purchase it?
The Complete SRD runs on the PC with the Full licence. When players connect, they will download an encrypted version which allows them to play and see modules when connected to the GMs machine.

2) Has anyone tried running the adventures that say that they are for FG1.5 and run into any issues running them in FG2?
FG1.05 adventures are not compatible with FGII

The user guide in the Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library) is a good place to start for learning what can be done. There are usually people running introductory games around as well. There are a few free PDF adventures free at the Wizards of the Coast website. You could try one of these to start with. Cut and paste from the PDF in to the story and personality entries. Copy the images and save to the images folder for your campaign. There should be a link to the FGII folder in your Start menu on your PC.

richvalle
January 18th, 2008, 15:52

There is The Wizards Amulet that Grigore was nice enough to update to FGII in one of the other rooms. It still needs some work (I think) to take advantage of the newer FG features, but its a place to start.

rv

Griogre
January 18th, 2008, 20:14
When I first got FG I personally translated the Into the Darkness 3.0 free Introductory Adventure from WotC (its simple and like 3 rooms) and a Dark and Stormy Knight a first level free adventure form WotC (and a great 1st level adventure IMHO - though the "storm" peace is hoky in a typical D&D campaign). I learned a great deal about FG from translating these from PDF to FG and got a couple of first level adventures to test on my players.

I'm more of a hands on type so inputing a complete adventure, even if it was only a couple of rooms was very helpful to me.

Most adventures from FG1 can be translated pretty easy, the only real problems are with any pregenerated characters. Because FG2 stores its modules in the data app folder now the other problem with the old adventures is they tell you to put the modules in the FG program file folder instead of the data apps folder.

Gman
January 18th, 2008, 23:37
Ok, is there a way to move the FG folders off my C drive? I installed the program to my "D" drive but it is placing new campaigns and stuff on my "C" drive.

Griogre
January 19th, 2008, 00:17
That is because your OS by default places the data app folder on C. Check out this thread here for some options: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6766&highlight=Data+Folder+Path

Gman
January 19th, 2008, 04:45
That was exactly the fix. Thanks.

Gman
January 19th, 2008, 14:14
I downloaded the complete SRD starter package from Digital Adventures. Where do I put the maps? Do they go in modules or tokens?

Griogre
January 19th, 2008, 20:10
That's the one with the map packs? Maps typically go into a campaign's image folder. I would make a new campaign called Outdoor Maps or something like that. Once you made the campaign, exit FG and go to the Outdoor Maps campaign folder and look for the image folder. Drop all the maps in the image folder. Then you should make a module from the Outdoor Maps Campaign that would allow you to use those maps in any campaign you wanted. If you evenually make a campaign that uses some of those maps you can just drop it into the image folder in that campaign.

LuciferN
May 18th, 2014, 02:12
I've just found this software on steam and I'll like to test it before buying a licence. Can someone give me a head up how I can achieve that ?

hawkwind
May 18th, 2014, 08:19
Download the demo and find someone with a ultimate GM licence. The pathfinder society sub forum is a good place to find a pick up game