PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Log Tab and Adventure Tracking

Minty23185Fresh
May 7th, 2023, 17:25
As a caveat, this topic may only be pertinent to Adventurers League players.

Does anybody actually, and most importantly, effectively, use the Log Tab to track adventurers? It seems so limiting, so labor intensive.

If one tries to take advantage of some special formatting that's available, like the paragraph types, links get broken when the character is exported to another campaign ("limiting"). Or one must enter everything into the fields as simple text blocks ("labor intensive").

So maybe I'm missing something here: how do you get around the Log entry shortcomings?

LordEntrails
May 7th, 2023, 18:31
Maybe an extension? MNM PLayer Journal or Damned Player Agency might give you better capabilties.

Or use Notes?

Minty23185Fresh
May 7th, 2023, 19:20
Maybe an extension? MNM PLayer Journal or Damned Player Agency might give you better capabilties.

Or use Notes?

I had considered an extension, but that demands that any or all other DM's that the players take their PCs to, use the extension also. But I'll give these a look, thanks LordEntrails.

And Notes?!? Last time I asked a question about inter-campaign "Note passing" I was thoroughly schooled on their proper use and intent (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54725-How-do-you-copy-Notes-from-one-campaign-to-another).

Minty23185Fresh
May 8th, 2023, 19:20
.... Or use Notes?
And Notes?!? Last time I asked a question about inter-campaign "Note passing" I was thoroughly schooled on their proper use and intent.

Oh my. Sorry LordEntrails, maybe you meant the Notes tab on the Character Sheet?
It won't do. The fields on the Notes tab only accept text data, not even formatted text. So I'd be a little worse off putting the data there.

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2023, 19:58
You're right, I mean notes on the library tab, but forget they don't export. And, no surprise, you are right about character notes too :)