PDA

View Full Version : Modules not loading for only me

FujiwaraTakuya
April 30th, 2023, 21:38
I'm looking for help with this Module problem I have.

My DM's hosting a Pathfinder game with slightly changed rules and other tidbits here and there, and we're also using the Mythic System as a part of the campaign. As of 30/04/2023, 3 specific Modules he had uploaded to the server were completely inaccessible to me and everyone there had no idea as to why. After following this Forum [https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69233-Modules-not-loading-for-players] here for additional information, and doing as instructed to allow my firewall and antivirus to let the application go through cleanly in almost ever possible conceivable way I know of, I'm still inhibited with the problem that every time I attempt to load the Module, it does not open with the book symbol, and when I try to close it and open it up, it unloads itself like I didn't even attempt to load it in the first place.

My DM's restarted the server, restarted Fantasy Grounds Unity, restarted my computer, allowed the application through my firewall by making it go through it through inbound and outbound rules and going through the firewall's settings to make the app itself able to go through it privately and publically, and I honestly have no idea whatsoever as to what I can do personally to fix this problem with the amount of times I've gone through to fix similar problems in the past.

The abbreviated zip file is my DM's log files, and the full title zip file are my log files. Would grately appreciate anyone who could help me with this and anyone else with similar problems!

Zacchaeus
April 30th, 2023, 22:05
I'm assuming that the modules in question are Master Spellbook, Character Creation Compilation, and master Marketplace? I can see in the DM logs that there were file requests for these three modules and also they were sent. In your logs I only see the file request but not any file receipts. So this indicates that whilst you were asking for the files they hadn't been fully sent to you - which is why you can't open them. This sounds like something on your end is preventing the files from reaching you or they are taking a long time to load. You could try asking your DM to allow only one module and then connect to him just yourself and see if that loads. I don't know how large these modules are but if they are big then it could take a while to upload them if you have a slow internet connection. It's also possible that there's something on your router such as flood protection which can interrupt longer files from uploading. There's some further advice in this article https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1981349889/Network+Troubleshooting

FujiwaraTakuya
April 30th, 2023, 22:19
Thank you for the quick reply!

I did a light read through the Network section and decided to give my firewall another look again; after reaching the Inbound and Outbound rules, I realised that for the Inbound rules, the Public section for FGU's Inbound Rules was set to Block, so I set it to Allow, now things started working properly again!

Thanks for the advice and hope this helps others with similar problems!