PDA

View Full Version : Forge item: Pathbuilder Importer

ThirdSign
April 29th, 2023, 11:24
Pathbuilder Importer

Usage

To open the import window, type /impb in chat.
If you have the JSON in your clipboard, paste it into the window here and press Import from JSON
If you have the JSON saved as a file, click Import from File

Notes

The importer does its best. Details of the import are displayed in the righthand list.

This list will show you what was imported, what wasn't, and what things were imported to.
For example, in Pathbuilder, Clothing - Explorer's is Clothing (Explorer's). This translation will be noted in the details window.

What's imported
We try to import everything in the JSON file, however the following considerations are made:

Notes aren't exported from pathbuilder, so they aren't imported
Height and Weight aren't available in pathbuilder
Duplicate spells in the same spell slot are only imported once
Duplicate spells in different slots are imported
Classes from Troubles in Otari Player's Resource aren't imported (They're not full classes)
Special abilities are often handled by FGU automation. You may see something like "Divine Spellcasting not found" in the import details, but it will still be available on the character sheet because adding the Cleric class handled that part of the import

Updating existing characters
If the "Update existing?" checkbox is checked, the importer will find a character matching the name in the incoming JSON and update it.
When updating a character, the following imports are not performed:

Class
The entire inventory
PP, GP, SP, CP
Ancestry
Heritage
Name
Background
Armor
Weapons

store: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1187/view

Source: joshleblanc/fg_pathbuilder_import (github.com) (https://github.com/joshleblanc/fg_pathbuilder_import)

Support me: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/jleblanc

Special thanks to fastchoker for starting this project

Changelog:

Version 0.13

* Rewrote characteristic importing
* The chargen tracker now properly displays all selected boosts after the import

Note: This version depends on exports from pathbuilder v68 and newer

Version 0.12

* Support PFRPG2-Legacy

Version 0.11

* Fixed an issue where oracle mysteries wouldn't import at all
* Fixed an issue where an animal instinct barbarian's animal wouldn't import correctly (eg. Cat being imported as the Catfolk heritage)
* Fixed an issue where animal instinct abilities wouldn't get imported correctly (eg. Bestial Rage being imported as Bestial Rage - Ape)
* Fixed an issue where investigator methodologies weren't imported
* Fixed an issue where rogue rackets weren't imported
* Fixed an issue where draconic class features (eg. Brine, Black, Copper etc) would be imported as nonsense
* Fixed an issue where element class features (eg. Air, Fire, Water, etc) would be imported as nonsense
* Fixed an issue where swashbuckler styles weren't imported

Version 0.10

* Fixed an issue where characteristics could import before ancestry/background/heritage, causing stats to double up.

Version 0.9

* Fixed an issue where witch patrons wouldn't import

Version 0.8

* Fixed an issue where backgrounds would never import
* Fixed an issue where some items would be imported as a random item
* Fixed an issue preventing anything with square brackets from importing
* Changed the way "specials" are imported - should improve FGU automation application

Version 0.7

* Fixed an issue where the import wouldn't import anything
* Added a dialog when the client initiates an import so they know something is happening

Version 0.6

* Fixed an issue where an error would appear on the host and the owner would fail to set when a client was importing a character
* Added a dialog when imports fail due to invalid json

Version 0.5

* Added support for additional lookup paths for backgrounds, classes, items, spells, feats, and lookup data

Version 0.4

* Added support for additional lookup paths for ancestries

Version 0.3

* Fixed an issue where only hosts could import characters

sirkerry
April 29th, 2023, 21:16
Very nice, looking forward to giving this a try.

Montis
April 30th, 2023, 15:35
Sweet! I'm very much looking forward to trying this out!

Milke
April 30th, 2023, 18:43
This. Is. Amazing.

ChipDancer
May 5th, 2023, 16:13
My players have been screaming for something like this since we all use Pathbuilder, but unfortunately, the command /impb doesn't work. Any way to verify this is in fact running/present in the system other than the Forge subscription?

Thanks in advance! :)

ChipDancer

ThirdSign
May 5th, 2023, 17:17
My players have been screaming for something like this since we all use Pathbuilder, but unfortunately, the command /impb doesn't work. Any way to verify this is in fact running/present in the system other than the Forge subscription?

ChipDancer

You should see Pathbuilder Importer v0.2 in the chat in red when initially loading the campaign.

Montis
May 5th, 2023, 17:24

ChipDancer

You have to enable the extension (Feature: Pathbuilder Import) before loading the campaign (should only be needed once). Then after loading the campaign there should be a line in the chatlog that says something like "Pathbuilder importer v0.2".
It worked quite well for me.

@ThirdSign: I'm not sure it's possible, but can you look into importing characters via ID? That would save quite a bit of hassle for people that build their characters on the mobile app :) Although I'm unsure if FG can access external URL resources.

Milke
May 5th, 2023, 17:27
It works great for me. I mean, sure the ID thing would be great. But copying and pasting the text wasn't a big deal at all.

ThirdSign
May 5th, 2023, 17:38
You have to enable the extension (Feature: Pathbuilder Import) before loading the campaign (should only be needed once). Then after loading the campaign there should be a line in the chatlog that says something like "Pathbuilder importer v0.2".
It worked quite well for me.

@ThirdSign: I'm not sure it's possible, but can you look into importing characters via ID? That would save quite a bit of hassle for people that build their characters on the mobile app :) Although I'm unsure if FG can access external URL resources.

No, however if the mobile app provides the JSON ID, then you can go to https://pathbuilder2e.com/json.php?id=<THE ID> to get it on your computer.

ThirdSign
May 5th, 2023, 17:39

This number here

Montis
May 5th, 2023, 17:42
That actually makes sense, nevermind then :)

ChipDancer
May 5th, 2023, 18:05
That was it! I didn't realize it required me to enable an Extension! :)

Thanks a lot guys! :)

ChipDancer

ChipDancer
May 5th, 2023, 20:04
I did find one problem, well rather my overzealous players did, this only seems to work for me, the GM, not the players. Is there a configuration somewhere to enable them to be able to use the command?

Thanks in advance,

ChipDancer

ThirdSign
May 5th, 2023, 20:09
I did find one problem, well rather my overzealous players did, this only seems to work for me, the GM, not the players. Is there a configuration somewhere to enable them to be able to use the command?

Thanks in advance,

ChipDancer

Is the window not opening at all, or is the import failing?

ChipDancer
May 5th, 2023, 20:27
I did a screen share with them and it simply doesn't import. I used their exact same copy/paste and it worked flawlessly for me. Three players have tried all with the same issue.

ChipDancer

ThirdSign
May 5th, 2023, 21:58
I did a screen share with them and it simply doesn't import. I used their exact same copy/paste and it worked flawlessly for me. Three players have tried all with the same issue.

ChipDancer

I've tracked down the issue. I'll have it fixed this weekend.

Sorry it's interrupted your play, but you can import it for them in the mean time.

ChipDancer
May 5th, 2023, 22:18
I've tracked down the issue. I'll have it fixed this weekend.

Sorry it's interrupted your play, but you can import it for them in the mean time.

Already on it! Thanks! :)

ChipDancer

ThirdSign
May 6th, 2023, 15:28
I uploaded a new version that should allow players to import their characters.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

ChipDancer
May 8th, 2023, 20:16
I uploaded a new version that should allow players to import their characters.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

I will ask my players to test it out this week! :)

ChipDancer

enrious
May 9th, 2023, 03:32
I tried importing a character from PB2 that used the Shoony ancestry into FG, with the correct FG Module loaded (Extinction Curse AP 3 Player's Resource) but it didn't copy over the Shoony ancestry nor the Amnesiac background (with the Advanced Player Guide source loaded).

Any advice?

ThirdSign
May 9th, 2023, 13:40
I tried importing a character from PB2 that used the Shoony ancestry into FG, with the correct FG Module loaded (Extinction Curse AP 3 Player's Resource) but it didn't copy over the Shoony ancestry nor the Amnesiac background (with the Advanced Player Guide source loaded).

Any advice?

Just letting you know I've seen this, and I'll be taking a look tonight. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

If you could provide the JSON you imported, that would help too.

ThirdSign
May 9th, 2023, 22:51

Any advice?

I just published an update that fixes this.

ThirdSign
May 9th, 2023, 23:08
Aaand I just published another version that should fix a similar problem with backgrounds, classes, items, spells, feats, and lookup data

webdove
May 11th, 2023, 23:58
A friend just caused this error in my host console.
[5/11/2023 5:35:55 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "pathbuilder_import:utility/json_util.lua"]:144: Invalid json syntax starting at position 1: <p /> <p />

ThirdSign
May 12th, 2023, 12:45
A friend just caused this error in my host console.
[5/11/2023 5:35:55 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "pathbuilder_import:utility/json_util.lua"]:144: Invalid json syntax starting at position 1: <p /> <p />

The JSON they pasted or file they selected wasn't JSON. Looks like it was HTML from what the error is saying.

I'll update the extension to include an error message in the UI for that.

ThirdSign
May 13th, 2023, 12:15
Pushed update 0.6

If the import completely fails due to the invalid JSON, an error dialog will show telling you so
Fixed an issue where after a successful import on the client, ownership wouldn't be set, and the console would appear on the host

---

Pushed 0.7 which fixes a bug I introduced in 0.6

enrious
May 15th, 2023, 01:23
I just published an update that fixes this.

Sorry, got busy but it looks like things are good.

Just for reference, the JSON is:

{"success":true,"build":{"name":"Pugsy The Wobblyeyed","class":"Monk","level":1,"ancestry":"Shoony","heritage":"Aphorite","background":"Amnesiac","alignment":"LN","gender":"Male","age":"Adult","deity":"Aroden","size":1,"keyability":"wis","languages":["Common"],"attributes":{"ancestryhp":6,"classhp":10,"bonushp":0,"bonushpPerLevel":0,"speed":25,"speedBonus":0},"abilities":{"str":18,"dex":16,"con":14,"int":10,"wis":12,"cha":10},"proficiencies":{"classDC":2,"perception":2,"fortitude":4,"reflex":4,"will":4,"heavy":0,"medium":0,"light":0,"unarmored":4,"advanced":0,"martial":0,"simple":2,"unarmed":2,"castingArcane":0,"castingDivine":0,"castingOccult":0,"castingPrimal":0,"acrobatics":2,"arcana":0,"athletics":2,"crafting":0,"deception":0,"diplomacy":0,"intimidation":0,"medicine":0,"nature":0,"occultism":0,"performance":0,"religion":0,"society":0,"stealth":2,"survival":2,"thievery":0},"feats":[["Aphorite",null,"Heritage",1],["Gorilla Stance",null,"Class Feat",1],["Improvisational Defender",null,"Ancestry Feat",1]],"specials":["Darkvision","Low-Light Vision","Flurry of Blows","Powerful Fist","Aphorite"],"lores":[],"equipment":[["Grappling Hook",1],["Flint and Steel",1],["Chalk",10],["Chalk",10],["Flint and Steel",1],["Rations",2],["Smokestick (Lesser)",1],["Waterskin",1],["Dueling Cape",1],["Healer's Tools",1],["Waterskin",1],["Torch",5],["Clothing (Explorer's)",1],["Climbing Kit",1],["Rations",2],["Bedroll",1],["Backpack",2],["Torch",5],["Bedroll",1],["Rope",1],["Soap",1],["Soap",1],["Rope",1]],"specificProficiencies":{"trained":[],"expert":[],"master":[],"legendary":[]},"weapons":[{"name":"Special Unarmed Gorilla Slam","qty":1,"prof":"unarmed","die":"d8","pot":0,"str":"","mat":null,"display":"Special Unarmed Gorilla Slam","runes":[]},{"name":"Dart","qty":10,"prof":"simple","die":"d4","pot":0,"str":"","mat":null,"display":"Dart (x10)","runes":[]}],"money":{"pp":0,"gp":2,"sp":6,"cp":0},"armor":[],"focus":{"focusPoints":0},"spellCasters":[],"formula":[],"pets":[],"acTotal":{"acProfBonus":5,"acAbilityBonus":3,"acItemBonus":0,"acTotal":18}}}

Montis
May 29th, 2023, 00:19
Pathbuilder had an update:
"Some JSON export improvements"

I'm unsure if this changed anything, just wanted to let you know.

ThirdSign
May 29th, 2023, 12:13
Pathbuilder had an update:
"Some JSON export improvements"

I'm unsure if this changed anything, just wanted to let you know.

Looks like he added a link to pathmuncher for foundry and added additional ancestry information to the export. Shouldn't effect the importer, but I'll test it this evening after work.

Montis
June 6th, 2023, 09:03
So I tried the importer last night for the first time properly and some issues:

The character Tracker doesn't get populated properly. This leads to inflated ability scores when you try to put that in later. I like having this all filled out to see at a glance where all ability bonuses were spent.
Backgrounds also don't seem to populate in general and I've had a few issues with the Champion, where additional devotion (focus) spells from feats like Deity's Domain wouldn't be added, nor some choices made from the class features, like the Champion's Cause, or the Divine Ally. Also, all Feats seem to be added as level 1 instead of the level they had been chosen.
Also not sure why but it randomly added a Bottled Sunlight to the character I was importing instead of a Steel Shield.

Here's a screenshot of some of the issues: 57627

The imported JSON was the following:

{"success":true,"build":{"name":"Sakroa (aoa)","class":"Champion","dualClass":null,"level":3,"ancestry":"Human","heritage":"Tiefling","background":"Criminal","alignment":"NG","gender":"Not set","age":"Not set","deity":"Serenrae ","size":2,"keyability":"cha","languages":[],"attributes":{"ancestryhp":8,"classhp":10,"bonushp":0,"bonushpPerLevel":1,"speed":25,"speedBonus":-5},"abilities":{"str":18,"dex":12,"con":16,"int":10,"wis":12,"cha":14,"breakdown":{"ancestryFree":["Str","Con"],"ancestryBoosts":[],"ancestryFlaws":[],"backgroundBoosts":["Dex","Str"],"classBoosts":["Str"],"mapLevelledBoosts":{"1":["Str","Con","Wis","Cha"],"2":["Con"],"3":["Cha"]}}},"proficiencies":{"classDC":2,"perception":2,"fortitude":4,"reflex":2,"will":4,"heavy":2,"medium":2,"light":2,"unarmored":2,"advanced":0,"martial":2,"simple":2,"unarmed":2,"castingArcane":0,"castingDivine":2,"castingOccult":0,"castingPrimal":0,"acrobatics":0,"arcana":0,"athletics":0,"crafting":0,"deception":0,"diplomacy":4,"intimidation":4,"medicine":2,"nature":0,"occultism":0,"performance":0,"religion":2,"society":0,"stealth":2,"survival":0,"thievery":0},"mods":{},"feats":[["Shield Block",null,"Awarded Feat",1],["Experienced Smuggler",null,"Awarded Feat",1],["Fiendish Eyes",null,"Ancestry Feat",1],["Tiefling",null,"Heritage",1],["Natural Ambition",null,"Ancestry Feat",1],["Desperate Prayer",null,"Class Feat",1],["Deity's Domain",null,"Class Feat",1],["Weight of Guilt",null,"Class Feat",2],["Intimidating Glare",null,"Skill Feat",2],["Marshal Dedication",null,"Archetype Feat",2],["Unconventional Weaponry",null,"Ancestry Feat",3],["Toughness",null,"General Feat",3]],"specials":["Glimpse of Redemption","Tenets of Good","Champion's Code","Devotion Spells","Darkvision","Low-Light Vision","Domain: Fire","Redeemer [Neutral Good]","Deific Weapon","Diplomacy","Divine Ally (Shield)","Rhoka Sword","Tiefling"],"lores":[["Underworld",2]],"equipmentContainers":{"fe43ec5e-ba12-4627-a9dd-4c8242e71d67":{"containerName":"Backpack","bagOfHolding":false,"backpack":true},"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae":{"containerName":"Backpack","bagOfHolding":false,"backpack":true}},"equipment":[["Backpack",1],["Bedroll",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Chalk",10,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Flint and Steel",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Rope",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Rations",2,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Torch",5,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Waterskin",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"],["Soap",1,"482feea4-794e-452d-beaa-cdada38a78ae"]],"specificProficiencies":{"trained":[],"expert":[],"master":[],"legendary":[]},"weapons":[{"name":"Rhoka Sword","qty":1,"prof":"martial","die":"d8","pot":1,"str":"","mat":null,"display":"+1 Rhoka Sword","runes":[],"attack":10,"damageBonus":4,"extraDamage":[]}],"money":{"cp":0,"sp":5,"gp":2,"pp":0},"armor":[{"name":"Full Plate","qty":1,"prof":"heavy","pot":0,"res":"","mat":null,"display":"Full Plate","worn":true,"runes":[]},{"name":"Steel Shield","qty":1,"prof":"shield","pot":0,"res":"","mat":null,"display":"","worn":true,"runes":[]}],"spellCasters":[],"focusPoints":1,"focus":{"divine":{"cha":{"abilityBonus":2,"proficiency":2,"itemBonus":0,"focusCantrips":[],"focusSpells":["Lay on Hands"]}}},"formula":[],"acTotal":{"acProfBonus":5,"acAbilityBonus":0,"acItemBonus":6,"acTotal":21,"shieldBonus":"2"},"pets":[],"familiars":[]}}

ThirdSign
June 7th, 2023, 17:47
So I tried the importer last night for the first time properly and some issues:

The character Tracker doesn't get populated properly. This leads to inflated ability scores when you try to put that in later. I like having this all filled out to see at a glance where all ability bonuses were spent.
Backgrounds also don't seem to populate in general and I've had a few issues with the Champion, where additional devotion (focus) spells from feats like Deity's Domain wouldn't be added, nor some choices made from the class features, like the Champion's Cause, or the Divine Ally. Also, all Feats seem to be added as level 1 instead of the level they had been chosen.
Also not sure why but it randomly added a Bottled Sunlight to the character I was importing instead of a Steel Shield.

Here's a screenshot of some of the issues: 57627

The imported JSON was the following:

Hi,

You can't use the tracker with the importer. It's actually for the same reason you want to use it - I just have the numbers. I can't know what the user chose for each option.

Published a new version with the following fixes:

1. Background will now import correctly. (The PB JSON export update caused background to import before ancestry, which wasn't valid)
2. The level feats are applied is now set correctly (previously was always 1)
3. Steel shield will now import correctly (More specifically, the record finder will no longer return a random record instead of nothing when it can't find anything)
4. Fixed an issue preventing anything with square brackets in the name from being found (Specifically, this was preventing the Redeemer ability from showing up on your character sheet)
5. Changed the way "specials" are imported. This should hopefully apply more FGU automation (In your case, this added the reaction, tenets, and lay on hands)

Divine ally doesn't actually have any automation. Does it usually do something automatically?

Montis
June 8th, 2023, 10:28
Divine ally doesn't actually have any automation. Does it usually do something automatically?
Not that I know of, I just noticed that it said that it wasn't imported correctly.

Anyway, thanks for the fixes :)

ThirdSign
June 8th, 2023, 10:43
Not that I know of, I just noticed that it said that it wasn't imported correctly.

Anyway, thanks for the fixes :)

There's a few things that don't import, but FGU handles adding. I'll see if I can't make that clearer.

Montis
June 12th, 2023, 12:37
Is there any way you could implement an (optional) dialogue on import that asks how the ability scores have been distributed so it can be reconciled with the ability bonuses in the tracker?

ThirdSign
June 13th, 2023, 17:31
Is there any way you could implement an (optional) dialogue on import that asks how the ability scores have been distributed so it can be reconciled with the ability bonuses in the tracker?

Maybe?

Do you just want this section or are you looking for something in the log

Montis
June 13th, 2023, 22:27
Maybe?

Do you just want this section or are you looking for something in the log

Yes, that section pretty much. I don't care too much about the log tbh :p

Trenloe
June 18th, 2023, 09:13
I don't care too much about the log tbh :p
Sacrilege! Burn the witch!!!

Montis
June 18th, 2023, 10:09
Sacrilege! Burn the witch!!!

The witch is getting a rework, so maybe wait with the burning? ;)

ThirdSign
August 29th, 2023, 13:37
Pushed an update today fixing an issue where witch patrons weren't imported.

Montis
September 11th, 2023, 13:20
I imported a character today and for some reason the Dex is 1 higher than it should be after import.

{"success":true,"build":{"name":"Renali","class":"Sorcerer","dualClass":null,"level":7,"ancestry":"Anadi","heritage":"Spindly Anadi","background":"Emissary","alignment":"CG","gender":"female","age":"24","deity":"Not set","size":2,"sizeName":"Medium","keyability":"cha","languages":["Anadi","Common","Draconic","Elven","Orcish","Pathbuilder Custom Dialect 0"],"rituals":[],"resistances":[],"attributes":{"ancestryhp":8,"classhp":6,"bonushp":0,"bonushpPerLevel":0,"speed":25,"speedBonus":10},"abilities":{"str":10,"dex":18,"con":14,"int":14,"wis":14,"cha":18,"breakdown":{"ancestryFree":["Cha"],"ancestryBoosts":["Dex","Wis"],"ancestryFlaws":["Con"],"backgroundBoosts":["Cha","Dex"],"classBoosts":["Cha"],"mapLevelledBoosts":{"1":["Dex","Cha","Con","Int"],"2":["Int"],"3":["Con"],"4":["Wis"],"5":["Dex"],"7":["Con"]}}},"proficiencies":{"classDC":4,"perception":2,"fortitude":4,"reflex":2,"will":4,"heavy":0,"medium":0,"light":0,"unarmored":2,"advanced":0,"martial":0,"simple":2,"unarmed":2,"castingArcane":0,"castingDivine":0,"castingOccult":4,"castingPrimal":0,"acrobatics":0,"arcana":0,"athletics":2,"crafting":2,"deception":2,"diplomacy":0,"intimidation":2,"medicine":4,"nature":2,"occultism":2,"performance":0,"religion":0,"society":2,"stealth":2,"survival":4,"thievery":0},"mods":{},"feats":[["Specialty Crafting",null,"Awarded Feat",3],["Multilingual",null,"Awarded Feat",1],["Skittertalk",null,"Ancestry Feat",1],["Anadi Lore",null,"Ancestry Feat",1],["Spindly Anadi",null,"Heritage",1],["Forager",null,"Skill Feat",2],["Reach Spell",null,"Class Feat",2],["Web Weaver",null,"Ancestry Feat",3],["Fleet",null,"General Feat",3],["Terrain Stalker","Terrain Stalker","Skill Feat",4],["Widen Spell",null,"Class Feat",4],["Web Walker",null,"Ancestry Feat",5],["Battle Medicine",null,"Skill Feat",6],["Steady Spellcasting",null,"Class Feat",6],["Reassuring Presence",null,"Ancestry Feat",7],["Pick up the Pace",null,"General Feat",7]],"specials":["Change Shape (Anadi)","Fangs (Anadi)","Bloodline: Aberrant","Signature Spells","Magical Fortitude","Expert Spellcaster","Spindly Anadi"],"lores":[["Anadi",2],["A City",2]],"equipmentContainers":{},"equipment":[["Healer's Tools (Expanded)",1,"Invested"]],"specificProficiencies":{"trained":[],"expert":[],"master":[],"legendary":[]},"weapons":[],"money":{"cp":0,"sp":0,"gp":15,"pp":0},"armor":[{"name":"Explorer's Clothing","qty":1,"prof":"unarmored","pot":1,"res":"","mat":null,"display":"+1 Explorer's Clothing","worn":true,"runes":[]}],"spellCasters":[{"name":"Sorcerer","magicTradition":"occult","spellcastingType":"spontaneous","ability":"cha","proficiency":4,"focusPoints":0,"innate":false,"perDay":[5,4,4,4,3,0,0,0,0,0,0],"spells":[{"spellLevel":0,"list":["Detect Magic","Ghost Sound","Mage Hand","Message","Daze"]},{"spellLevel":1,"list":["Color Spray","Illusory Object","Illusory Disguise","Spider Sting"]},{"spellLevel":2,"list":["Illusory Creature","Invisibility","Soothe","Touch of Idiocy"]},{"spellLevel":3,"list":["Slow","Hypercognition","Shadow Spy","Vampiric Touch"]},{"spellLevel":4,"list":["Chromatic Ray","Suggestion","Confusion"]}],"prepared":[],"blendedSpells":[]}],"focusPoints":1,"focus":{"occult":{"cha":{"abilityBonus":4,"proficiency":4,"itemBonus":0,"focusCantrips":[],"focusSpells":["Tentacular Limbs"]}}},"formula":[],"acTotal":{"acProfBonus":9,"acAbilityBonus":4,"acItemBonus":1,"acTotal":24,"shieldBonus":null},"pets":[],"familiars":[]}}

ThirdSign
September 11th, 2023, 22:22
I imported a character today and for some reason the Dex is 1 higher than it should be after import.

Hi,

Taking a look at this now.

ThirdSign
September 11th, 2023, 22:53

Hi, I just published version 0.10 that should resolve this issue.

This was an issue where dex was imported before the ancestry, causing it to double up on the ancestry bonus.

ThirdSign
October 7th, 2023, 13:38
Just published a new version fixing a whole bunch of bugs:

Version 0.11

* Fixed an issue where oracle mysteries wouldn't import at all
* Fixed an issue where an animal instinct barbarian's animal wouldn't import correctly (eg. Cat being imported as the Catfolk heritage)
* Fixed an issue where animal instinct abilities wouldn't get imported correctly (eg. Bestial Rage being imported as Bestial Rage - Ape)
* Fixed an issue where investigator methodologies weren't imported
* Fixed an issue where rogue rackets weren't imported
* Fixed an issue where draconic class features (eg. Brine, Black, Copper etc) would be imported as nonsense
* Fixed an issue where element class features (eg. Air, Fire, Water, etc) would be imported as nonsense
* Fixed an issue where swashbuckler styles weren't imported

Poe the Homunculus
November 25th, 2023, 03:58
I'm trying to import characters for FGCon23 games. Since the updates this week (11/20), characters are being imported without all stats, such as missing Constitution or Charisma.

ThirdSign
November 25th, 2023, 10:19
I'm trying to import characters for FGCon23 games. Since the updates this week (11/20), characters are being imported without all stats, such as missing Constitution or Charisma.

Do you have the player core or player core ORC enabled?

Poe the Homunculus
November 25th, 2023, 16:47
Do you have the player core or player core ORC enabled?

Yes

ThirdSign
November 25th, 2023, 17:04
Yes

Which one?

Poe the Homunculus
November 26th, 2023, 03:27
Which one?

Both

Trenloe
November 26th, 2023, 10:31
I'll make a few comments here. I'm not that familiar with the underlying code of this extension, but the way ability boosts are handled in the PFRPG2 ruleset (both remaster and legacy) hasn't changed - the only thing that has changed with the introduction of the remaster ruleset is how the abilities are displayed, remaster only shows the bonus and any partial boosts.

So, maybe upload a JSON file you're trying to import that doesn't work for you - so we can look at a specific example.

Both
Do you have both the remaster Player Core and Player Core Orc enabled? If so, there's no need to load both of these as all you're doing is duplicating FG records - every data record from the Player Core will be duplicated. Or do you mean the legacy Core Rules and Player Core ORC?

ThirdSign
November 26th, 2023, 14:57

Could this just be because the stat is +0?

If I create a character manually without any constitution bonuses, it'll just be blank in the character sheet.

Can you share the JSON you're importing, as well as a screenshot of the issue.

Trenloe
November 26th, 2023, 17:00
@Poe the Homunculus - as @ThirdSign mentions, a stat with no boosts (i.e. +0) won't be shown (see the Strength entry in the example screenshot below). This is standard behavior when using the remaster rules. Is this what you were referring to?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59362

MaxAstro
November 27th, 2023, 03:12
Might be more clear to show a +0 there, honestly.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2023, 10:39
Might be more clear to show a +0 there, honestly.
Already done! Well, it just shows 0, not +0. Coming to a release near you soon... :)

Poe the Homunculus
November 28th, 2023, 23:45
Yes! That is what I am referring to.

Trenloe
November 29th, 2023, 00:31
Yes! That is what I am referring to.
Yeah, nothing to do with the Pathbuilder import extension and nothing is actually "broken". But, as has been mentioned, the ruleset has been updated today to show "0" ability bonus instead of being blank when there are no boosts or flaws taken for an individual attribute.

ThirdSign
November 29th, 2023, 17:07
Pushed a new update to support the PFRPG2-Legacy ruleset, thanks MeltedFrederick

Poe the Homunculus
November 29th, 2023, 18:13
Yeah, nothing to do with the Pathbuilder import extension and nothing is actually "broken". But, as has been mentioned, the ruleset has been updated today to show "0" ability bonus instead of being blank when there are no boosts or flaws taken for an individual attribute.

Thank you for the explanation and help

Montis
January 2nd, 2024, 21:07
Hi, I just imported a level 1 character and for some reason he already had a partial boost in his key stat. Link to the JSON: https://pathbuilder2e.com/json.php?id=122550

ThirdSign
January 3rd, 2024, 16:36
Hi, I just imported a level 1 character and for some reason he already had a partial boost in his key stat. Link to the JSON: https://pathbuilder2e.com/json.php?id=122550

I've published a new version that should resolve this. However, I completely rewrote characteristic importing. Please double check your characteristics are correct after the import.

However you'll be happy to know I'm no longer clobbering the chargen tracker

Changes:

* Rewrote characteristic importing
* The chargen tracker now properly displays all selected boosts after the import

Draykor
May 22nd, 2024, 19:28
Seems to be an issue with importing Swashbuckler. The importer fails to find swashbuckler abilities which causes the entirety of the activities tab to go [mostly] blank.

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2024, 22:20
Seems to be an issue with importing Swashbuckler. The importer fails to find swashbuckler abilities which causes the entirety of the activities tab to go [mostly] blank.
1) There's not many activities actually associated with a Swashbuckler class in the APG data. Hence there's not much in terms of activities shown in the activities tab.
2) You'll need to reset the activities via the Chargen tracker right-click menus - use Delete all activities and rebuild standard standard entries first, and then use Rebuild feat, feature and item activities. This won't give you any more swashbuckler activities, but it will give you the base activities.

Draykor
May 23rd, 2024, 15:45
That did it. Thank you for help in pointing that feature out. I used it in a friendly FGU vs Foundry debate amongst my customers. So double thanks for the ammunition lol

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2024, 15:47
That did it. Thank you for help in pointing that feature out. I used it in a friendly FGU vs Foundry debate amongst my customers. So double thanks for the ammunition lol
Good to hear it gave you some ammunition. Glad to help!