PDA

View Full Version : Map Tools - Copying LoS and Light

WinterSoldier7
April 28th, 2023, 18:56
Hello,

I've got an image with multiple layers where I wanted the lighting and Line of Sight to affect all of them, on top of one another.

However, I've gone and spent the time working on the LoS on only one layer.

Is there a way to copy the LoS and Lighting info from one layer to another??

Zacchaeus
April 28th, 2023, 19:27
Not that I'm aware of; but I'm no expert on layer issues.

WinterSoldier7
April 28th, 2023, 19:45
I forgot to create separate layer for LoS and kicking myself. I hope there is a way to copy it over.

pindercarl
April 28th, 2023, 19:59
I forgot to create separate layer for LoS and kicking myself. I hope there is a way to copy it over.

There is not currently a way to copy/paste occluders or lights. In the meantime, here is a terrible workaround:
1) Duplicate the layer with the occluder and lighting data. For convenience, rename the new layer to something like "COPIED LOS DATA," so it will be easier to find in a text editor.
2) Close Fantasy Grounds.
3) Navigate to your campaign folder and locate your campaign.
4) Make a backup copy of db.xml.
5) Open db.xml in a plain text editor like Notepad++. Search for your duplicate layer and delete the asset name from the <Bitmap></Bitmap> tags. If you relaunch the campaign now, you will have a new layer with no image, but it will include the other data. Hide this layer and you can delete the occluders from the original layer.
6) If you want to save some time, you can delete the entire <occluders>...</occluders> from the original layer while you have it open in your text editor. Similarly, you can delete <lights>...</lights>.

WinterSoldier7
April 28th, 2023, 20:01
Thanks! I'll have to give this a go this time and learn my lesson in future.